Robin Trower Bridge of Sighs New 5.1 and Dolby Atmos Mixes!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m listening to the DTS mix. I don’t have Atmos. So the fidelity is a solid ten. Content, imo, is around eight. And the biggie, the mix, I’ll go with seven. Guitar, bass and drums are front left center all the way through. Rear is more movie like than music like. Not aggressive at all. There must not have been much to work with. Basically music in the front and effects in the rears. Time for some good old quad(io)!

I’m listening to the DTS mix. I don’t have Atmos. So the fidelity is a solid ten. Content, imo, is around eight. And the biggie, the mix, I’ll go with seven. Guitar, bass and drums are front left center all the way through. Rear is more movie like than music like. Not aggressive at all. There must not have been much to work with. Basically music in the front and effects in the rears. Time for some good old quad(io)!
That's not sounding too promising for me; but I'm not surprised either.

Like they say, A picture is worth 1000 words

Attachments

• 20240515_182044.jpg
    20240515_182044.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Like they say, A picture is worth 1000 words

The First release of BOS record had the artwork upside down, with a green cover. So, if you have one of these, they’re collector items. That’s my understanding of it, and how I remember first seeing it.

I hope this surround title does well, and we get more Trower.

In the Atmos mix I'd entirely disagree...I can't speak to the DTS-HD though. In 7.1.4 it kicks major ass to me. The sound is fully enveloping.

In the Atmos mix I'd entirely disagree...I can't speak to the DTS-HD though. In 7.1.4 it kicks major ass to me. The sound is fully enveloping.
Rest assured I'll give it a fair shake when my copy arrives, and I hope it's as engaging as you say.

However, enveloping (which can also mean just ambience fill to me, especially with just a few Rock instruments as is on this title) might be all we can expect . As I'm only able to witness up to 5.1, that's all I can attest to. On songs like the title track, with all the wind/chime type effects, I am hoping they made some interesting choices for the mix.

Some of us would have been happy just to get it on the release date we originally agreed on.
Those bastards! 😡
I remember the days when both Amazon and Best Buy used to deliver before the release date. Unfortunately, Amazon has gone downhill trying to get new releases within a day or two even after the release date. :(

Agree it is immersive. The Atmos fold down actually seemed better than the DTS mix. I was listening to it on the smaller system and it sounded fine. I feel the mix is pretty lame but I like more adventurous mixes. There is reverb like effects in the rears but no swirling or the huge guitar sound I expected. It’s ALL in the front left center. On every song. By the third tune I was bored by the mix and knew what to expect from the rest of the songs. JMO The vocals are all front right. Not disappointed but not impressed either.

I ordered one from Amazon by mistake also. I thought it would be cool to have two copies but I just canceled the Amazon order.

My order also with Amazon US. Considering the delay, and my impatience, what are the other options in US that have already shipped and delivered?

Back