Rush "Moving Pictures" DVD-A won't play. Help?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BungalowJim

Just purchased Rush "Moving Pictures" CD + DVDA. I have a Pioneer DV 610-AV which plays all manner of DVDAs and SACDs without problem. The "Moving Pictures" DVDA freezes up after selecting "Surround Sound" or "Stereo" on the menu. No sound playback whatsoever. It can play the "Videos" and "Pictures" part just fine. Any advice?

I am having the EXACT same problem with my PIONEER ELITE DV-48AV. It works fine on all DVD-A's as wells any SACD's that I purchased over the art 10 years. When i load the RUSH "Moving Pictures" [DVD-A] and any DVD-A's from the RED SECTOR set, everything freezes after selecting the surround sound option. Can anybody help out with a suggestion or at least an explanation?

I ended up ripping the DVDA using DVDA Explorer, then reauthoring a new DVDA using Cirlinca Audio Solo Ultra. Same for the "Hemispheres" DVDA.

I have that same DVD/CD and it plays on all my DVD players no worries. Perhaps you have a dud pressing. I had a DVD of The Who that continued to freeze no matter what player I used, changed it over and it played perfectly.

Here I am from the future and I am having the same problem. I think the player thinks it isn't authentic. It just shows a freeze frame still instead playing.
I have the Pioneer DVD 610 also.

Back