Saga Archives---DVD AUDIO

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirtonym

Canadian band big in Germany in late 70's early 80's (but got some play hear too) is lited to come out Sept 3 at Towers Records. Anyone hear anything at all about this?
thanx in advance.

Don't have any info on the Archives DVD-A
I do have a CD+DVD set of SAGA - Network. The dvd has the album remixed in Dolby Digital 5.1.

vinylguy4

I've heard things about Saga (prog/rock/aor) but never heard them, but the thread has inspired me. So I've ordered Networks on CD/DVD-V via amazon.ca, bizarrely the album is being shipped from a reseller in Sweden! with postage about £26.

I've heard things about Saga (prog/rock/aor) but never heard them, but the thread has inspired me. So I've ordered Networks on CD/DVD-V via amazon.ca, bizarrely the album is being shipped from a reseller in Sweden! with postage about £26.

You can also order it from InsideOut-Shop!
There I ordered mine :).

Not the best starting point to get into Saga....the early LPs, especially "Silent Knight" is a good starting point. "20/20" from 2012 is a more "modern but still retaining their identity" one too..I'm sure you can find the early ones in utube...

BTW, their highest charting songs were from a 1981 LP; "Worlds apart"-The singles were
"On the Loose"
and
"Wind him up"

BTW, Ian Crichton is one of the most underrated guitarists...along with Jim Gilmour (and also Michael Sadler, the singer who also plays bass) are VERY underrated keyboard players

I saw them on their "Worlds Apart" tour in 1982....check out their live in Dortmund videos , especially the ripping in "Humble Stance" around minute 4:00...trademark Saga, keys and gtr melodic harmonies at 100 MPH!

From peoples comments it sounds like I should have bought one of the Saga albums many years ago!

From peoples comments it sounds like I should have bought one of the Saga albums many years ago!

Saga was my first favorite band, when I was 12 years old.
All albums till Heads Or Tales are classics here in Germany.
When asking for the first album to listen to I would recommend "In Transit".
It is a perfect live album.

I saw this band in a bar in Toronto, I think it was 1978. The bar had maybe 8 other people in it as it was a weekday. They played three sets, and my jaw was sore as it was on the floor after the first song. They had not released their first album yet, and at the time were named Pockets. A lasting memory. Lost track of them over the years, but am going to seek this title out.

Oh yes...Saga is a canadian band. So it makes a huge difference when a band like Saga is more famous than the big Rush in Germany.
German bands are here also bigger than Metallica. But this is always the case in a special country. :)

Back