Sansui QRX 9001 The there, the different, the missing

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, started to check and see what I was getting myself into, so I was checking the boards F2624 for the fusible resistors and such, when I found that that the boards though the same number looked different. One had the light blue resistors and a couple of silver cylinders heat sinked to the transistors heat sinks. The other board looked newer, the resistors are green instead of blue and the silver cylinders on the other board are black squares mounted the same way on this one.
Now I checked even farther and found that R31, 32 where 180ohm's on the first board and 100ohms on the second (newer looking board). On the holy grail alignment it says they are 4.7ohms.
Now it also says to remove the 8K resistors from the output caps on board F2589. Well they're not there. It doesn't have them.
This receiver according to the serial number (236100756) was built 10/76 now being that old I know it had to have been worked on. And if the info is right this is one of the first productions. Correct me if I am wrong. I am learning.
So my question is what should I do about resistor's 31 and 32? Should I put them as the alignment says 4.7, or what is on the older board 180ohms, or what is on what appears to be a newer board the 100ohms? I could post pics of the boards if need be.
I am going to recap this unit with Nichicon F/G and K/W. Also replacing the Tantalum's with them. Do they sound OK?

Richard

Back