Sansui QRX 999

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishhead

IMAG0316 sansui.jpg Hello my name is Charlie and I am thankfull for this club. I am new here and pleased that I see so many Fans of Quad. I am looking at this 999 and have a chance to buy. I have two QRX9001 one of them souped up by Jim Showker at vintage restorations. With that said what kind of knucklehead needs three. ( But dear I do not have a black one) I am smitten on the old Sansui QRXs. So glad to see that i am not alone here. Raise the mics Im gonna sing. Thank you for the welcome mat and letting me in. Cheers Charlie

Hi Doug Glad to have a cheerleader. Yes I called THE DEAL IS UNDERWAY. WEEW. I LIVE IN FL AND THE UNIT IS IN MARYLAND SO HAVING IT SHIPPED TO EUGENE OREGON FOR JIMS REDO. THANK YOU BROTHER IN ARMS. URN ON THE NEON LIGHTS ITS COCKTAIL TIME CHARLIE:chill

I have a 999 that I bought in 1976, and it's a beast! Go for it

Hello and thanks all for the go for it theme. I am on my way to send off a postal money order. The man found the 999 in a EL Paso Texas thrift store lol.There are military bases around the area. From there to Va. From there to Eugene Oregon at vintage restoration for the total refurb. This will be the second one done for me by Jim Showker. Sooo I wont see it for a few weeks.. The man who sold me the 999 has two QRX8001 two QRX7001 and a quad reel to reel for sale with remote. Here are some pics of the unitsIMAG0318.jpgIMAG0318.jpg peace Charlie

I see no reason not to. :D

Of course, the plumber may find it a bit odd when you call him to come over to move the convenience to the middle of the room. :D

Ah, things with four meters on them. So beautiful!

Doug

Hey Doug The fella I bought the 999 from has thousands upon thousands of vintage audio gear all up for grabs. Amazing amount of gear the website is WWW.Archaicaudio.com. just fantastic click on the albums button and wow. I am not trying to pitch its just a crazy amount of gear. Charlie

Thanks Jon reading about how you loaded yours on the ship. I can almost see it! Awww the good old days. Discoverd Sansui Quad in early 70s. Hauled gear from Nam too Ger so I can relate on your struggles up the ramp Recall a time in Germany GI stereo thieves had the bright idea to drop speakers from the 4th floor of the barracks with a theif ready to catch them below dummy broke both his arms. Thieves were caught all us stereo guys laughed hard I pulled the trigger on the 999 this morning. Called Jim QRXRESTORE shipping straight to him. Ill let you know how she sings. Great club Charlie

Thanks Jon reading about how you loaded yours on the ship. I can almost see it! Awww the good old days. Discoverd Sansui Quad in early 70s. Hauled gear from Nam too Ger so I can relate on your struggles up the ramp Recall a time in Germany GI stereo thieves had the bright idea to drop speakers from the 4th floor of the barracks with a theif ready to catch them below dummy broke both his arms. Thieves were caught all us stereo guys laughed hard I pulled the trigger on the 999 this morning. Called Jim QRXRESTORE shipping straight to him. Ill let you know how she sings. Great club Charlie

Ah yes, "the good old days", (when we were young (and broke)) :)

Back