Scorpions Moment Of Glory

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cupboy

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Read this info on another website.

"And while it's not Heavy Metal, another interesting Rock release that just came out on Multichannel SACD is "Moment of Glory" by the Scorpions & the Berlin Philharmonic on EMI Classics Europe. You can order it in the US from the Red Trumpet web site. It's not a Classical Music release, but it is a lot of fun if you like the Scorpion"

I cannot find a website by the name redtrumpet.com so does anyone have any more info?

update: Woops. Looks like I got suckered into a thread from 2002 that someone just added a new post to. So, NEVERMIND!

Yep - redtrumpet is long gone....

Yes they are. I bought some SACDs from RT back in the day - they offered audiophile and hi resolution releases via the web.
Much like Acoustic Sounds, Elusive Disc and Music Direct - all of which are still in operation.

Product descriptions "a gas"...

"Eagle Vision's new SD Blu-ray range presents upscaled standard definition original material with uncompressed stereo and DTS-HD Master Audio surround sound for the best possible quality."

imagine if they'd bundled this with a blu-ray audio of the SACD 5.1 mix.. ahh.. :eek:

imagine if they'd bundled this with a blu-ray audio of the SACD 5.1 mix.. ahh.. :eek:

personally i'm not much impressed from mix, neither from sound. sure it's real deal from true discrete studio multis
but upon the listening have feeling sort like being in an empty sport arena. quite weird approach to studio recording.
i guess mainly exaggeration about this SACD is due to rarity. and rarity - due to low print, which in turns, due to
weirdness of the sound and perhaps have been quickly deleted by request from artists.

Not the same (as the SACD) - its Live......
So there's no way it's the same thing? It says the playing time is 116 minutes. How long is the SACD? Being single-layer 116 mins. would fit on it.

update: Well, actually I'm just assuming it was single-layer since other EMI titles back then were.

So there's no way it's the same thing? It says the playing time is 116 minutes. How long is the SACD? Being single-layer 116 mins. would fit on it.

update: Well, actually I'm just assuming it was single-layer since other EMI titles back then were.

1:10:30 (~70mins) in Multichannel (with bonus instrumental track)
1:01:53 (~62mins) in Stereo

Not the same (as the SACD) - its Live......

I've never heard the original album and never got anywhere near the SACD but I like the Scorpions so for just over a tenner this is worth a go if only for a hi-res version. I'm not expecting a particularly discrete surround mix - probably just audience and "ambience" in the rears.

I think it's the only now-daftly priced SACD I don't have, other than Lovebox & the various French discs (Gotan Project, the Johnny Hallyday's, Jacques Brel's, some of the Aznavour's, Barbara, Zazie, etc..) actually that's still quite a lot I don't have! (no wonder my wishlist's so ginormous!)..

..I just don't want any of them as much as The Scorpions & Lovebox SACDs! Grr..!! :mad:@:

Product descriptions "a gas"...

"Eagle Vision's new SD Blu-ray range presents upscaled standard definition original material with uncompressed stereo and DTS-HD Master Audio surround sound for the best possible quality."

I never got around to following up on the live video when it finally arrived but it's one of the worst Blu-rays that I've bought. The sound is OK but the picture quality is poor and the song selection is at the slower end of the Scorpions' catalogue. If you want the Scorpions on Blu-ray the 3D concert is much better.

Back