Seeburg Quad Jukebox Manuals

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr8track

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
I know that a few of you fellow quadraholics own one of the Seeburg Quadraphonic Jukeboxes. I recently purchased their first quad model, the Seeburg SQS160. I'm wondering if anyone has been able to locate service, operation and installation manuals specific to this model? The SQS160 is pretty much identical to the stereo version, the STD160. All manuals I've found that advertised that they were for the SQS160 are actually STD160 manuals. No mention of the specific differences in the quad model, the quad decoder and I would assume, a second stereo amplifier. (If it doesn't have two stereo amps I don't know what magic they were working to produce quad sound.) I know the decoder for these were bogus, but I'd still like to have a manual that discusses the specific quad aspects of this jukebox, the decoder, the adjustment of the decoder, the hookup of the external speakers, the schematics and parts list for the quad-specific equipment, etc.
I've tried Victory Glass and Always Jukin'. They sell the stereo manuals. Anyone know of a source for the actual quad version of the manuals?

dr8track said:
I know that a few of you fellow quadraholics own one of the Seeburg Quadraphonic Jukeboxes. I recently purchased their first quad model, the Seeburg SQS160. I'm wondering if anyone has been able to locate service, operation and installation manuals specific to this model? The SQS160 is pretty much identical to the stereo version, the STD160. All manuals I've found that advertised that they were for the SQS160 are actually STD160 manuals. No mention of the specific differences in the quad model, the quad decoder and I would assume, a second stereo amplifier. (If it doesn't have two stereo amps I don't know what magic they were working to produce quad sound.) I know the decoder for these were bogus, but I'd still like to have a manual that discusses the specific quad aspects of this jukebox, the decoder, the adjustment of the decoder, the hookup of the external speakers, the schematics and parts list for the quad-specific equipment, etc.
I've tried Victory Glass and Always Jukin'. They sell the stereo manuals. Anyone know of a source for the actual quad version of the manuals?

There was no quad manual: the so-called "quad" decoder was just a bunch of resistors placed after the amplifier. This, and the glasses with "quadrophonic" were the only mods from the stereo version.
Have a look at
http://home.pacbell.net/fmillera/quad_decoder.htm
for a vision from the inside... quad decoder schematic available on another page.

winopener said:
There was no quad manual: the so-called "quad" decoder was just a bunch of resistors placed after the amplifier. This, and the glasses with "quadrophonic" were the only mods from the stereo version.
Have a look at
http://home.pacbell.net/fmillera/quad_decoder.htm
for a vision from the inside... quad decoder schematic available on another page.

Yes, I'm very familiar w/ Tony's Seeburg site. But I don't buy that Seeburg wouldn't have included any info on the quad decoder in the installation and service manuals for the quad version. And once again, despite the fact that Tony's site mentions the only difference between the two models being the decoder and the glass panels, how do you create four channel playback w/ just one stereo amp? Doesn't the thing have to have a second stereo amp? There was no amplification in the quad decoder. So, there should be a second stereo amp. That's a fairly significant difference it seems they would address in the manuals.
So, I understand the decoder is bogus, I don't even plan to use that particular decoder. I've purchased a decoder that Tad suggested which he uses in his Seeburg quad jukebox, but I'd still like to have the technical literature that discusses the quad features of this jukebox.
I know it must exist.

Back