Seeking Recommendations on Ceiling Speakers for Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got the wall brackets the speakers came with, up, couldn't put them quite where I'd wanted due to a pelmet and the fact I'd put acoustic plasterboard on unsubstantial batons in the alcoves, which wouldn't like the weight! Got to wire them up tomorrow now some cable has arrived.

I've got the wall brackets the speakers came with, up, couldn't put them quite where I'd wanted due to a pelmet and the fact I'd put acoustic plasterboard on unsubstantial batons in the alcoves, which wouldn't like the weight! Got to wire them up tomorrow now some cable has arrived.
Could you explain, for my edification, what pelmet's and batons are?

Four of ATC's purpose-built "install" variant of the 16"x9.5"x9.5" SCM12 Pro (large bookshelf sized) studio monitors in our set up. They are voiced to be the perfect match to any of ATC's small to mid-sized studio monitors and work brilliantly with the five SCM20ASL Pro Mk 2 active monitors we have as our bed speakers.

The SCM12i Pro has a steel reinforcement skeleton and threaded mounting plate added to the MDF enclosure specifically to allow its substantial 33 lb weight to be safely and solidly wall or ceiling mounted using Koenig & Meyer interface plates and heavy duty mounting brackets. The K&M wall and ceiling mounts offer substantial adjustability to ensure the loudspeaker can be aimed precisely where required.

Last edited:
My corners are largish "bookshelf" speakers I guess, not light. The speakers came with threaded inserts in the cabinets and I bought two matching plates. Originally the rears were once mounted high due to TWF, etc.

But anyway I also bought two heavy - duty swivel mounts, they are attached to wall studs, made of 3/8" round steel, and have a ball on the end that fits a complimentary adjustable socket mounted to the speaker plates.
Pretty much almost infinitely adjustable.

These days the mounts are doing duty holding two of my top speakers, and I use some fairly cheap Monoprice mounts for the other two tops, mounted directly to the ceiling.

Can't for the life of me remember where I ordered the mounts. But they will hold some weight. Ah, found them. Advertised as capable of holding 120 Ibs, but they are no longer available.
omnimount.jpg

Back