sharp GS-5730A Optonica 4 channel

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susanwebb

Hi Guys,
I don't know if I'm doing this right or not but I have a question about the speaker wiring of the Sharp GS-5730A Optonica system. We have just purchased a 49 year old system in mint condition but we're stumped as how to attach the speakers. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Welcome, Susan. Do your speakers still have the plugs on them? I see only the front ones need the plugs and the back speakers just connect with regular screw terminals. Why were manufacturers so silly sometimes in those days?

Anyway, if the plugs are gone, you just need to find something else that will fit in there. You may even be able to temporarily strip the wire and fold the conductor back over the insulation and stick it in the jack until you can find a more permanent solution. The only other option is to replace the sockets for the plugs with screw terminals like for the back speakers, something which may or may not be simple depending on the specific application and your experience.

Good luck.

Doug

Back