Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That pic is at least equal if not exceeding all the stuff I found online & the TV. Viewing it in a cemetery is just crazy awesome. Was this close to Gibson City?
I mean, 2 hours south of my home. Relatively close. Close enough I knew I wasn't going to miss it. My home was outside the totality band. Being able to remove the glasses at totality is where it's at, just spectacular.

While this won't look much different than any other "stock" photos you've seen. The difference is, my best friend's wife is a semi-professional photographer. They were 5 miles from where my wife and I were situated earlier today. This is her shot. At exactly 2:03 PM Central Time Zone. South central, Illinois. Totality. We saw mostly the exact same thing. Though, we could only see the red fire at 1pm per the picture. We didn't see any other red fire per that picture.

View attachment 104267

Look at the pink solar flares!

It also looks somewhat like the black hole of new releases that has been absorbing all of the QQ members' money

Is anyone familiar with MLP Lossless 5.1 on DVDA's? I have both that option and DTS 5.1 on a lot of my DVDA King Crimson discs. My Oppo-205 will play both options but is it really playing MLP as lossless or is it just folding down to DTS? If anyone knows I would appreciate the answer as I would think that lossless would be the way to go but I have always thought that you could not play lossless on dvd's due to disc space limitations. Also, I cannot see anywhere in the documentation that the OPPO can really play this type of disc as it was meant to be played. Please let me know. Thanks.

Is anyone familiar with MLP Lossless 5.1 on DVDA's? I have both that option and DTS 5.1 on a lot of my DVDA King Crimson discs. My Oppo-205 will play both options but is it really playing MLP as lossless or is it just folding down to DTS? If anyone knows I would appreciate the answer as I would think that lossless would be the way to go but I have always thought that you could not play lossless on dvd's due to disc space limitations. Also, I cannot see anywhere in the documentation that the OPPO can really play this type of disc as it was meant to be played. Please let me know. Thanks.
MLP plays lossless and on my players shows as PCM (which is also lossless), I dont have an oppo but if it didn’t play lossless then only DTS would show up as an option same as it would on a non dvd-audio player

DVD-A is different to DVD-V in that the 5.1 MLP is held under the Audio_TS folder, so your Oppo (and mine) plays a different section of the disc when you select 5.1 MLP DVD-A playback - I have my Oppo set to default to DVD-A not DVD-V.

My wife and i headed to the Mounds State Park in Indiana to watch the total eclipse. This photo is less spectacular than the actual event, but not bad from my cell phone. One of the most awesome (in all senses of the word) events i have ever experienced. So awesome, in fact, that the 7 hour return trip with our fellow eclipse watchers didn't even get under my skin!
E7EAA1FD-39F5-435A-BFD2-1A88C23F38DD_1_105_c.jpeg

Bonus pix: Treeclipse
479ADE1B-EF58-48E2-B06E-BF723E1B2D3C_1_105_c.jpeg

Meclipse

5ADF884F-25E0-4A5B-B5D5-A5D9C724C52E_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi friends! Been trying to contact Racket records (Marillion online shop) without success, the contact form on the site isn't working and I receive no replies emailing them directly... anybody knows if the store is active? You ever ordered directly from there? Thank you

Like Tommy Keene, he made some Grade A power-pop. Unfortunately not enough people ever heard it. 😢
I'll be honest, the only reason I had heard of Dwight years ago is because I was a member of Time Life, and had purchased one of those 1975 or whatever hits package, and I'm On Fire was one of the selections. Loved that song, but only know it because of that CD. Never did hear it on the radio back in the day.

I'll be honest, the only reason I had heard of Dwight years ago is because I was a member of Time Life, and had purchased one of those 1975 or whatever hits package, and I'm On Fire was one of the selections. Loved that song, but only know it because of that CD. Never did hear it on the radio back in the day.
I actually did hear it on the radio back in the day and that is how I learned about him. My younger brother even liked it enough to buy the 45.

Back