Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i hope they come back in future shows with that kid that wears the Winger shirts
That would be Stewart....

1713282671165.png

Incidentally, that really caused Winger some distress.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/winger-metallica-apology/

I was thinking a lot a few days ago about my life-long friend that passed during covid, of liver cancer.
That lead me to digging out an old upmix I did of Charlie Daniels - Nightrider. Every time I would listen to "Damn Good Cowboy" I would think of my friend, who's nickname was since I met him at age 15, "Rabbit". Everyone knew Rabbit where I grew up.
Though he was definitely not a cowboy, in adult years he always wore cowboy boots and hat. Seemed to suit him. I once mentioned that every time I heard the CDB song I thought of him, he said he didn't get it at all. lol.

When I finally moved from Central Florida to North Florida in 1983 to my beloved woods, I used to make frequent trips down to the Plant City, FL area to visit him, and his Mother who was pretty much my "second Mom" when I was growing up. As I aged I quit making the trip but we talked on the phone. A few years ago I got severely burned on my left leg and had to get up every morning and go through the cleaning and debriding process, it was rough and I would call my old friend every day for many months, which I'm sure annoyed the hell out of him but seemed vital for my recovery. He never said so, but I think he enjoyed the talks as much as I did, catching up on old friends, classmates from school that had passed on, our mutual friend that suddenly up and moved to Alaska in his late 60's.

Since nothing on the internet ever goes away, I just wanted something out there for my old friend. I still miss you, Bud.

I was thinking a lot a few days ago about my life-long friend that passed during covid, of liver cancer.
That lead me to digging out an old upmix I did of Charlie Daniels - Nightrider. Every time I would listen to "Damn Good Cowboy" I would think of my friend, who's nickname was since I met him at age 15, "Rabbit". Everyone knew Rabbit where I grew up.
Though he was definitely not a cowboy, in adult years he always wore cowboy boots and hat. Seemed to suit him. I once mentioned that every time I heard the CDB song I thought of him, he said he didn't get it at all. lol.

When I finally moved from Central Florida to North Florida in 1983 to my beloved woods, I used to make frequent trips down to the Plant City, FL area to visit him, and his Mother who was pretty much my "second Mom" when I was growing up. As I aged I quit making the trip but we talked on the phone. A few years ago I got severely burned on my left leg and had to get up every morning and go through the cleaning and debriding process, it was rough and I would call my old friend every day for many months, which I'm sure annoyed the hell out of him but seemed vital for my recovery. He never said so, but I think he enjoyed the talks as much as I did, catching up on old friends, classmates from school that had passed on, our mutual friend that suddenly up and moved to Alaska in his late 60's.

Since nothing on the internet ever goes away, I just wanted something out there for my old friend. I still miss you, Bud.
Great story. Wow, in my little town growing up, we also had a guy whose name was Rabbit. I never really knew how he got that nickname, but it stuck.

Looking for an assist in locating a clean copy of “The McCartney Years”. This is a 3 disc DVD with decent DTS 5.1 sound. My current copy plays fine with disc 1 & 2. Disc 3 plays fine until track 6 under the Glastonbury concert. It hangs there and I’ve tried it in both my Oppo 103 and my Sony UBP-X800. I even ordered a new copy off of Amazon and found none of the three disc would play on either of my machines. My players are fine as I continue to use them as always. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1034.jpeg
    IMG_1034.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1035.jpeg
    IMG_1035.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Back