Soft Machine - free Atmos download of the track 'The Visitor at the Window'

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haikubass

It's a *.wav file via Dropbox - download link here: Soft Machine : Official Website - Store
1696509593834.png

It's actually an ADM BWF, but mixed only using the 7.1.2 'bed' channels (no objects).

View attachment 96966

Yes, I decoded the spatial.MP4 (Atmos DD+) with MMH, and I only get the same result as the Atmos.wav file only when using 7.1.2 channels layout.

It caught my attention how the DOC file explains in a weird way the different file formats:

Atmos.wav - Full Dolby Atmos Mix for listening on Dolby Atmos system

What is Full? For me that is not Dolby Atmos, in a final coded consumer format. It is the 'decoded' Atmos mix for the 7.1.2 bed channels.
What systems can play in "Dolby Atmos" a 10 channel WAV?

BIN. wav - Binaural mix- for enhanced 3D headphone listening on any device

OK. That seems right.

Spatial .mp4 - Simulated Dolby Atos mix – for listening to (in stereo) on any Apple device. As heard when streaming on Apple Music with headphones.

"Simulated"? This is authentic Dolby Atmos encoded in DD+ This should be the file format for listening on a Dolby Atmos system, (not the Interleaved mch WAV), but it suggest that this would only be used to 'downmix' and virtualize to stereo from streaming (only Apple?) on headphones.

Last edited:
Back