some advice please

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

king4276

I recently purchased a Sansui QRX 7001 amp, and a pair of Bose 501's, I would like to get the most out my 4 channel amp but all I have are 8 ohm speakers to use on the rear channel and the Bose are 4 ohm, can anyone suggest a nice pair of 4 ohm speakers that would sound and look good?
I would prefer mini tower type speakers because of my limited space but I would consider others.
Thanks for any help.

I recently purchased a Sansui QRX 7001 amp, and a pair of Bose 501's, I would like to get the most out my 4 channel amp but all I have are 8 ohm speakers to use on the rear channel and the Bose are 4 ohm, can anyone suggest a nice pair of 4 ohm speakers that would sound and look good?
I would prefer mini tower type speakers because of my limited space but I would consider others.
Thanks for any help.
Get rid of the Bose, that company is a joke.

Using 4 ohm speakers for either the rear or front outputs should cause no harm to the QRX 7001. You can then use a pair of any other speakers for the other two outputs. This other pair of speakers can be either 4 or 8 ohm in impedance.
As for the Bose 501's, I do not share Quadtrade's low opinion of these speakers. They are, in my humble opinion, very good speakers. I have 4 of these 501's connected to my Sansui 6500 setup and they sound very good, again, in my humble opinion.

MTGC (Michael)

I'll have to side with quadtrade on that one. While Bose might have what many consider to be a decent sound, you can do better for less. My roommate is more of an expert on it than I am, so I'm sure I could find out what brands he prefers and post if interested. But with bose, you're basically paying for their ad campaign.

But, in the end, what matters is what you think. I recommend checking out a local audio store with a speaker room setup, and do some comparison for yourself. You may be surprised.

Back