Sonos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

austinsignal

QQ Supporter
OK. I know that this isn't the same as many of the great systems owned by forum members here. But it does speak to the increased availability of the format to 'average' consumers. At SxSW here in March, I visited the Dolby installation a couple of times. Lots and lots going on there. One of the exhibits was a apartment-sized living room setup with a Dolby ARC soundbar, one of their funny looking subs, and 2 soon-to-be released ERA 300 speakers for surrounds. It was pretty incredible. They were playing movies and music in there, and people were coming out with their hair standing up, shaking their heads. So I put myself on the pre-sale list for a single ERA 300 - didn't get one but did buy one from Best Buy a week after they came out. I wanted to have something in the studio for clients to hear mixes on a consumer device, besides hearing them in the control room with the 7.1.4 setup. This thing is pretty amazing. I now have it on a speaker stand in the lounge/work area. When I'm packaging short-run vinyl (which I really do not enjoy), I play content on this speaker and it plays ATMOS in a beautiful way - completely fills up the room. It makes my day much, much better. I have had the opportunity to play it for a couple clients - utter disbelief is the reaction. 'How is it DOING THAT?'...
Sonos ERA 300

I'm new here, but I make no apology for my Sonos setup. Listening to my until-now-dormant BluRay and DVD-A software has been a revelation.

That said, SACD is still a problem. Through a Sony player and Sony OLED, I haven't been able to get the signal to pass through to the Arc. Have you been successful?

Back