Sony PlayStation 3....compatible w/ SACD and Blu-Ray!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GREAT. I am a game player also, so if my SACD player dies in the future, i can play them on my Playstation 3. :)

Maybe Sony will start making SACDs again...........................?

JonUrban said:
Maybe Sony will start making SACDs again...........................?

My understanding is that Sony still does make SACDs at their Terre Haute Hybrid SACD line for Telarc and several other labels.

And in June we'll see the Rory Gallagher and War of the Worlds SACDs from Sony.

bmoura said:
My understanding is that Sony still does make SACDs at their Terre Haute Hybrid SACD line for Telarc and several other labels.

And in June we'll see the Rory Gallagher and War of the Worlds SACDs from Sony.

Wouldn't the Rory Gallagher and War of the Worlds SACDs most likely will come from Sony's European pressing plan? Sony has one in Europe, right? Sony is also releasing 2 other SACD titles in Japan at end of May.

soundboy said:
Wouldn't the Rory Gallagher and War of the Worlds SACDs most likely will come from Sony's European pressing plan? Sony has one in Europe, right? Sony is also releasing 2 other SACD titles in Japan at end of May.

Could be from the Hybrid SACD production lines in Austria. Or the ones in Terre Haute, Indiana - or both. We'll see.

It only plays the CD layer on SACD disks. Nothing special about that.

narcopolo said:
It only plays the CD layer on SACD disks. Nothing special about that.

You may want to look over the specs again. It does play SACD HD (Sony's new term for SACD High Definition playback).

sacd29 said:
You may want to look over the specs again. It does play SACD HD (Sony's new term for SACD High Definition playback).

So does the thing play MULTICHANNEL {surround} SACD's ??? :confused:

sacd29 said:
I don't know what you mean by SACD HD. Is that the same as SACD but with a new name or is it something different. Did a web search on SACD High Definition, and got nothing. What music is available on SACD HD and from who?

narcopolo said:
I don't know what you mean by SACD HD. Is that the same as SACD but with a new name or is it something different. Did a web search on SACD High Definition, and got nothing. What music is available on SACD HD and from who?

It's PR speak for the SACD Stereo and SACD Surround Sound tracks on a Super Audio CD disc. See the High Fidelity Review article linked above for the clarification from Sony.

Latest posts

Back