Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dipping my Oar into the water of this GREAT tribute album, sounding very good through the ol' Surround Master.
Screenshot 2023-11-04 at 11.44.26 AM.png
Various - More Oar - A Tribute To The Skip Spence Album

A couple new arrivals in today's mail. Psychedelic colored vinyl of Procol Harum's debut and The Bevis Frond's 1991 epic masterpiece New River Head. For those of you who are not familiar with Bevis Frond, they're sort of 60's-sounding psychedelic garage rock. Great stuff.

View attachment 54351
Looks as if you have some cool collectibles on those shelves! If you have time and inclination, i encourage you to post them for our viewing pleasure on this THREAD. Stay Surrounded, Comrade!

I'm just wondering if anyone has got the audiophile UHQR Steely Dan Aja Album and what is your thoughts on this release? As I'm thinking of buying it , but the extreme price is worrying, any thoughts would be appreciated, Thank-you!

I'm just wondering if anyone has got the audiophile UHQR Steely Dan Aja Album and what is your thoughts on this release? As I'm thinking of buying it , but the extreme price is worrying, any thoughts would be appreciated, Thank-you!
Mo-Fi really has to earn my trust again. I have not purchased one of the UHQR releases. I did buy the 45 RPM of Love - Forever Changes. Turns out my buddy has a Original US pressing that sounds significantly better. I could have found that for less than the $50 I spent on the Mo-Fi.

Mo-Fi really has to earn my trust again. I have not purchased one of the UHQR releases. I did buy the 45 RPM of Love - Forever Changes. Turns out my buddy has a Original US pressing that sounds significantly better. I could have found that for less than the $50 I spent on the Mo-Fi.
Okay, I’ve heard that the album has serious surface noise and his showed up dirty? And skips and pops like how a well played one would! It’s the reason why Im asking around before I sink 200+ dollars into it!

Okay, I’ve heard that the album has serious surface noise and his showed up dirty? And skips and pops like how a well played one would! It’s the reason why Im asking around before I sink 200+ dollars into it!
I'll ask around and see if anyone has it. Prior to this release, I know that the Cisco pressing was highly regarded. The Cisco is quite pricey though. I don't have it personally.

Mine is in another dimension in the twilight zone of shipping, hope to see it soon

the steely D is a QRP pressing not a Mofi. As for pops well pressing plants are dirty places and you should real give any new pressings a bath

I purchased the Aja UHQR and every time I play it all I can do is grin. It sounds fantastic on my system. I also have other UHQRs and this one (Aja) is top of the list for me.

Last edited:
Back