Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok @SyrinxTemple I was able to find my copy last night after getting back in. A quick check of the matrix run out numbers does not match the link you sent so it is not the mispress. Label is one color mustard yellow. I will check the matrix numbers on my copy to that discogs list I know this is an early pressing.
Maybe Ill even listen to it!

But I think I would have noticed a missing organ on this long ago when it was played.

Last edited:
ok @SyrinxTemple I was able to find my copy last night after getting back in. A quick check of the matrix run out numbers does not match the link you sent so it is not the mispress. Label is one color mustard yellow. I will check the matrix numbers on my copy to what discogs list I know this is an early pressing.
Maybe Ill even listen to it!

But I think I would have noticed a missing organ on this long ago when it was played.
Interesting! So, there may have been two pressings missing the organ. I will be curious of your findings.

Ina gadda da vida....both sides
Have not heard it in years
This is an early pressing but not the mispress @SyrinxTemple talks about. Not the same matrix numbers or label design.
Still enjoyed the vinyl listen

As I mentioned before, I take care of my mom because she can barely see due to glaucoma. BUT, she is kind enough to let me play my music. I put on the Iron Butterfly album, and asked her if she liked it. She said, "It wasn't terrible. I didn't love it. But, it was a lot better than that Frank Zappa album you played the last time. That was HORRIBLE!"

I don't know why, she cracks me up.

God bless you for taking care of your Mother.
You and Snood.
My Mother died young so I never got the chance to do anything for her.
You will miss her when she is gone but you will have fewer regrets.
Thanks so much, @jefe1 for the kind words. I can not imagine putting my mom in a home. She can barely see, but is a pleasure to be around, and she puts up with my music without complaint.

And, I am sorry for your loss.

Last edited:
Thanks so much, @jefe1 for the kind words. I can not imagine putting my mom in a home. She can barely see, but is a pleasure to be around, and she puts up with my music without complaint.

And, I am sorry for your loss.
My dad had a couple of strokes about five years ago at age 94. My mom tried to take care of him, but she couldn’t pick him up when he fell, so she had to put him in assisted living. Then COVID, with all the isolation that brought along. Mom eventually decided she couldn’t take care of their house by herself, and they agreed to move up here from SoCal with Dad going into assisted living and Mom into an independent living apartment in the same facility.

Dad passed away about a year later, and mom is still in her apartment at age 97. She’ll be independent come hell or high water, but needs my help a couple of times a week. She’s only about a mile away, but if necessary, we’re preparing a suite downstairs, which, of course, WE might end up using if stairs become an issue for us.

Another one of my parents' albums in magnificent mono
Screenshot 2023-11-20 at 12.34.17 PM.png
Rex Harrison, Julie Andrews - My Fair Lady

one of the S. Army rescues, this one is basically NM still in shrink wrap with a Sears & Roebuck $3.29 sticker (that's almost $30 in today's value) even though it has quite a few spindle marks..these old Columbia pressings, although sometimes a crap shoot, are really great sounding records... getting into the "holiday" vibes... and of course, who doesn't like Ray Conniff???
https://www.discogs.com/release/491...ler&utm_source=transactional&utm_medium=email

Jethro Tull Minstrel in the Gallery - Steven Wilson 2015 stereo remix.
m0DBvUh.jpg

See this needle
Oh see my hand
Drop, drop, dropping it down
oh so gently...
Love the album, but I don't listen to it enough. Tull is my dad's favorite band, so I heard all this stuff growing up when I would visit him. Divorced parents, so that was only twice a year. "Baker St. Muse" is sheer brilliance. This was Ian's angry album. At least in my opinion. I think he was going through his divorce with Jennie at the time. Seems quite obvious with "One White Duck".

Love the album, but I don't listen to it enough. Tull is my dad's favorite band, so I heard all this stuff growing up when I would visit him. Divorced parents, so that was only twice a year. "Baker St. Muse" is sheer brilliance. This was Ian's angry album. At least in my opinion. I think he was going through his divorce with Jennie at the time. Seems quite obvious with "One White Duck".
It was also the 'come back' album, JT went in hiatus after Warchild got panned by the UK music press (I was an avid reader of Melody Maker back then), they threatened to disband if I remember correctly, it was nigh on 50 years ago! Its a brilliant album.

Listened to (and made a stereo DVD-R back up copy) all of these LPs in DPL (1), played using my AT turntable and a Fosi Audio X1 phono preamp (phono preamp in the AT isn't working).

https://www.discogs.com/release/6723161-Enoch-Light-The-Light-Brigade-Big-Band-Hits-Of-The-30s-40s(CD-4 version - purchased at Vinyl Renaissance a month or 2 ago)

https://www.discogs.com/release/3171839-Various-The-Fisher-Test-Performance-Standard-Quadradisc(the SQ side is cut much closer to the label than the CD-4 side)

https://www.discogs.com/release/736784-Hugo-Montenegro-Moog-Power(both purchased at Vinyl Renaissance on the 22nd [I wore my QQ t-shirt])

All 3 LPs have a modest surround effect w/DPL (1), IMHO, better that just listening in stereo.

Kirk Bayne

Back