Steve Hackett back catalog in surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm way out of the loop on this one so I have to ask - what format is the dvd (lossy or lossless)?

If they are exactly the same as the DVDs in the "Premonitions" box, then they are lossy DVD-V, even though they are incorrectly labeled in the packshots just as they were incorrectly labeled on the "Premonitions" DVDs themselves.

If they are exactly the same as the DVDs in the "Premonitions" box, then they are lossy DVD-V, even though they are incorrectly labeled in the packshots just as they were incorrectly labeled on the "Premonitions" DVDs themselves.

Ah, so it's the typical screw-up that we've come to expect from the industry professionals. We are supposed to just buy everything without knowing what we will get. Oh boy.

Another update from Steven Wilson's Remixes Facebook Page:
A bit more repackaging of existing stuff folks! But do please note that with all of these remix projects, decisions on the timing, rerelease, content, and choice of format is almost entirely out of my hands, so I would refer you to the labels commissioning the work (which is Parlophone in the case of Aqualung). Anyway, Universal Music Group are now reissuing my remixes of 2 Steve Hackett albums as separate 3 disc editions, following their inclusion as part of the Premonitions box set last year.
Both Please Don't Touch (1978) and Spectral Mornings (1979) will be released on 27th May, and contain a remastered CD of the original mix and bonus material, a CD of the 2015 mix, and a DVD containing the 5.1 remix. Defector (1980) is also being reissued in the same format, but with no input from myself, since the tapes were not available to be remixed.

I just pre~ordered Steve Hackett's Spectral Mornings and Please Don't touch (2 RBCDs/DVD 5.1) from AmazonUK. With VAT removed my order for the two + s/h to New York came to $41.06.

An Expanded Edition of Steve Hackett's "Blues With A Feeling" is being released by Esoteric at the end of June.
There's no indications right now that there will be a surround mix included, or even a DVD, but I'll keep ever vigilant. :)

Nice spot. :) Another must have for me. Steve plays the Genesis tunes that were left off of his prior live BluRay and his chosen set of Hackett tunes are fantastic. I am surre rt will love this one. (y)

A perfect companion to his last live release.

I saw Steve Hackett live back in the early 2000s at the last prog festival in Trenton New Jersey(NearFest?), Hacket's set list was so weak I gave up as a fan.

This new release is awesome and will get tons of play on my system, I just hope the bluray doesn't have the excessive bass that his last one did.
He has come back in a big way at least for my listening tastes. :smokin

Nice spot. :) Another must have for me. Steve plays the Genesis tunes that were left off of his prior live BluRay and his chosen set of Hackett tunes are fantastic. I am surre rt will love this one. (y)

A perfect companion to his last live release.

I saw Steve Hackett live back in the early 2000s at the last prog festival in Trenton New Jersey(NearFest?), Hacket's set list was so weak I gave up as a fan.

This new release is awesome and will get tons of play on my system, I just hope the bluray doesn't have the excessive bass that his last one did.
He has come back in a big way at least for my listening tastes. :smokin

I still haven't purchased the Royal Albert Hall Blu-Ray yet, but both sets do look fantastic. I just wish I had more money!

I still haven't watched my Live at the RAH Bluray yet. I was there that night so it shouldn't be hard to spot me in the audience - and I was a couple rows behind Marillion's Steve Rothery and Ian Mosley too (not to mention the awesome Lucy Jordache). :)

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

An Expanded Edition of Steve Hackett's "Blues With A Feeling" is being released by Esoteric at the end of June.
There's no indications right now that there will be a surround mix included, or even a DVD, but I'll keep ever vigilant. :)

Count me out if mixed by the same bloke who did the last one (Wolflight?) unless he's had an epiphany in the meantime and now chooses to make full use of the wonders of discrete surround sound for music.

Count me out if mixed by the same bloke who did the last one (Wolflight?) unless he's had an epiphany in the meantime and now chooses to make full use of the wonders of discrete surround sound for music.

That won't matter anyway if this reissue doesn't even include surround sound, then we can DEFINITELY count you out, am I right? ;)

It says it's QUAD !

DTS MA HD 4.1

:D

Whoa, hold on a second! Let's step back and address WHICH release we are talking about.
I was talking about the expanded edition of "Blues With A Feeling".
You seem to be talking about the new live Blu-Ray.
It makes perfect sense that the new live Blu-Ray would have a DTS-HD MA surround sound mix but maybe not so much for "Blues With A Feeling".
And that's the release I was talking about when quoting Adam's post.
Just so we're all straight here… :confused:

I still haven't purchased the Royal Albert Hall Blu-Ray yet, but both sets do look fantastic. I just wish I had more money!

It is not very good. Bass is totally out of control. It is a quad mix, yet barely has anything in the rears. Real shame.

Back