Steve Miller Fly Like an Eagle Q8 on Ebay

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doity

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Sorry I didn't post the link to the auction but I am using a Ipad that my girl bought me and I don't know how to cut and paste yet. I am a Windows guy and am being dragged kicking and screaming into the Apple realm. I don't even have a cell phone that is how lame, or great, that I am :mad:@:

Anyway, there is a Q8 on Ebay right now. The classic "Fly Like An Eagle" album. This record brings back so many memories for me.....black lights, bean bag chairs, shag carpeting, 4 foot bongs (did I really say that?). Anyway, since that record is pretty trippy (outdated lingo alert) I was wondering if it is even more so in Quad? I know some recordings are not that impressive in Quad and I am wondering if this is one.

Of all of the 70's music that has been played into the ground by classic rock stations, that is one I never really tire of. Any comments on the Quad version?

thx!

Welcome to the forum, doity. This is a pretty decent quad mix, however, there are some anomalies in that some songs are shortened ("Mercury Blues") and the space intro is missing from the first track (as I recall).

The Q8 mix was actually officially released as a DTS CD back in the late '90s by DTS Entertainment, then a new surround mix was released by Capitol in a CD/DVD package that included a DVD with the new surround mix in Dolby Digital.

If you search Amazon, eBay, and other places like those, you may be able to pick up one of the digital issues of the quad or surround mix - in case you don't have your old Q8 player.

Oh, by the way, there are quite a few of us old fogies who remember the black lights, bean bag chairs, 4 foot bongs, etc. 'round these parts! :)

Only 4 feet? I saw a 12 footer once. Don't remember the price on it. What was that head shop called on Brookhurst? Next door to the Palace Hi-Fi.

To answer you're question regarding the quad mix on the Q8, it's damn good indeed!!

So good is the quad mix, it rivals a hit from any sized bong!!

This was my go to quad demonstration Q8 back in the day and like Jon said was also available in dts cd (and may still be)

derek

Thanks guys for the comments. I would be inclined to buy it but the $80 price tag kind of put me off. Woah! Maybe I will get a stereo copy and run it through my nifty digital quad computator device (Surround Master).

I love, love, love this title so much and Steve Miller is a great guy who lives here in the Bay Area, or used to. Saw him live on one of those Huge Bill Graham promoted "Day on the Green" outdoor concerts in Oakland, California in the 1970's. I still have my original Q8 in perfect condition. I owned the Stereo record back then too.

This was Always a go to title after some :smokin.

I would also check out the Steve Miller Fly Like Eagle 30th Anniversary Special Edition (CD+DVD). It's currently available on Amazon and ebay. The DVD includes a 2 hour live concert from 2005, a documentary about the making of the album which includes interviews with Steve Miller, and a 5.1 mix of the album. The DVD 5.1 audio is Dolby Digital (no DTS option, unfortunately), however it sound very good. I also have the DTS CD of the original quad mix, however it sound a bit muddy by comparison.

Back