Steven Wilson - Catalogue / Preserve / Amass (live cd)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1679

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I'm guessing most here that are interested have read about this elsewhere but just in case some of you have missed it....

Limited edition of 3,000 copies. Live CD in 6 panel digipack, featuring highlights from SW's first solo tour of Europe, with the band of SW, Marco Minnemann (drums), Nick Beggs (bass/stick), Adam Holzman (keys), Theo Travis (flute/sax), and Aziz Ibrahim (guitar). 7 tracks, 70 minutes of music remixed into pristine sonic audio, capturing all the energy and beauty of this audio visual spectacular. Note that this CD will be exclusively available at shows on the forthcoming tour and via mailorder from Headphone Dust, it will not be available from Burning Shed or any other store.

1. No Twilight Within the Courts of the Sun (10.54), 2. Index (5.03), 3. Deform to Form a Star (8.29), 4. Sectarian (7.22), 5. No Part of Me (6.04), 6. Veneno Para Las Hadas (7.28), Raider II (24.47)

Pre-order up now, signed copies available too for some extra $$:
http://www.swhq.co.uk/headphone_dust_mailorder.cfm

And a few more details from Steven's FB page:
The SW band live album is now available. Catalogue / Preserve / Amass was recorded on the European leg of the tour in October last year. It includes 7 songs, 70 minutes of music, remixed into pristine sound quality, and housed in a 6 panel digipack. It's a limited edition of 3,000 copies, and will only be on sale directly from my own mail order company Headphone Dust, and at shows (we are holding a few copies back for the tour). Please note it is *not* available from Burning Shed, and there is no other format at this time. The reason for this scenario is that I'm using the CD to raise funds to finance the next leg of the tour - despite good crowds and several sold out shows, in terms of scale and expense the production on the tour is the kind of thing I would need to be touring in much bigger venues to be able to break even, but needless to say financial concerns were bottom of my list of priorities when putting it together (-:

To this end I'm also taking a slightly more mercenary route by offering signed copies of the CD at a higher price - under normal circumstances there's no way anyone should have to pay for me to scribble on their CD, but we do get requests for this kind of thing, and this time I could certainly use the extra support. So the CD is £10 plus shipping, or £15 plus shipping if you would like it signed.

We still plan to film one of the shows on the next tour for a more elaborate blu-ray / DVD live release later this year.

curious would he wanted to go back and re-mix previous albums into 5.1
unpatiently waiting for opportunity to ask him directly.

My copy arrived whilst I was away visiting family. I'll try give it a spin tomorrow or Tuesday and give my first impressions....

Back