Steven Wilson Insurgentes The Movie 2DVD set

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert van Diggele

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Now up for preorder on Burning Shed http://www.burningshed.com/store/stevenwilson/product/65/2288/

Insurgentes is the new documentary film about Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree) directed by Lasse Hoile. Porcupine Tree are currently enjoying massive success across the world with their latest album, The Incident.

Insurgentes is a musical road movie that follows the making of his solo record of the same name, and is a portrait of an increasingly rare artist who works with music and media out of love and not for fame and fortune, persisting in making art on his own terms in a world where 'throw away' mentality is increasingly becoming the norm.

The film features footage of Wilson with other artists and friends including Mikael Akerfeldt from Opeth, the Israeli superstar Aviv Geffen and the legendary producer Trevor Horn.

The 2 disc set also features a host of extras and a 64 page booklet featuring photography by Lasse and Carl Glover, Steven’s long-time art collaborator.

Extras:
• 31 minute film of Bass Communion and Pig live in Mexico City
• Promo video for Harmony Korine
• 2 x trailers
• alternate ending
• footage of a Q+A session with Steven Wilson and Lasse Hoile at the international premiere at the Copenhagen film festival
• 6 audio out-takes from the album recording sessions.

Subtitled in Spanish, French, German, and English

Sound mixed in stereo and 5.1 surround sound

The first 2000 copies ordered from KScope/Burning Shed come with an exclusive free gift.

Preorder now for 27th September release

I wonder if this will also be released on Blu-ray Disc?

I think he said on his facebook site that it would not as it was not shot in Hi Def and most if not all of it was shot on Video.

In essence there is not much to gain apart from enhancing the sound by putting it on blu ray.

My order is in with Burning shed, looking forward to the extras as much as the main feature.

The "free gift" that comes with early Burning Shed orders is sure starting to sound interesting:

Hi folks - so the free gift with the Insurgentes double DVD pre-order is almost certainly going to be a CD of archive SW material, pre-PT, pre-No-Man, pre-everything. When I was a teenager I was experimenting with all sorts of things, including songwriting, electronic music, psychedelic and progressive music..etc.. and made hours and hours of primitive recordings. Some of this fed in to the early PT cassette releases, but I've never actually tried to compile a whole disc of music from this era. Normally I wouldn't let any of this music out of the archive, since it's pretty primitive and amateurish in many ways, but since the film talks about how I started to make music, and has a few clips of my early efforts, it seemed logical to extend this idea through to this bonus disc. Please don't expect anything of mind blowing musical quality of importance! Just a bit of historical context. I need to compile this when I get back from the current PT US tour, so I don't know exactly how much music will be on there yet, but I hope at least 30-40 minutes or so. The original 2,000 copies of the disc that were going to have this free gift with them sold out very quickly, but now that we know that this archive CD will be the item in question I decided with Burning Shed to extend the offer for the bonus CD at least until the end of August. So please if you want this disc don't wait until it's too late and then get pissed at me that you have to pay silly money for it on eBay! On that subject please note that there are currently 40 copies left of the Cover Version box set, and about 15 copies of the IEM box set left - neither of which will be repressed. Sorry, I know it's been an expensive year for SW related special editions, box sets...etc...but if it's any consolation from October I don't think there will be any releases for at least 6 months or so - after that 2011 should be all about new music.

I'm working to attend the SW event at IFC in NYC and we'll see PT this Sunday (3rd time this tour) so stopped short of Radio City Music Hall in NYC that same week.

My copy of the DVD and bonus CD arrived in the mail today from Burning Shed (great service yet again). I'll try give it a spin tomorrow if time allows.

I'm working to attend the SW event at IFC in NYC and we'll see PT this Sunday (3rd time this tour) so stopped short of Radio City Music Hall in NYC that same week.

and, yes, he did make the event. :) my feelings of envy at dropping Mr. Timbre off at the front door of the IFC will lead me to purchase this. :)

Back