• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Still seeking Bowie and Richard Thompson

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GabeL

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Hi all,

I'm still trying to find used/new copies of Bowie's Heathen on SACD as well as Richard Thompson's Rumor and Sigh on DVDA. I've got some stuff to trade, such as Meatloaf's Bat Out Of Hell Multi-channel SACD...so let me know if you can help me out.

Cheers,
GabeL

Me too.
Looking for Heathen, Reality SACD & Richard Thompson DVD-A here. Amazon want over £200 for the latter (insane)

Yeah, also looking for the Richard Thompson. I don't think there are too many extra copies floating around. At one point I offered both ELP BSS and Hotel California and had no takers. Oh well.

Yeah, also looking for the Richard Thompson. I don't think there are too many extra copies floating around. At one point I offered both ELP BSS and Hotel California and had no takers. Oh well.

Wowsers! I don't think the Richard Thompson could possibly be that worthwhile in 5.1, am I sorely mistaken?:confused:

Wowsers! I don't think the Richard Thompson could possibly be that worthwhile in 5.1, am I sorely mistaken?:confused:

Well, it is #5 in the HiRez poll right now, so at least 10 people think it's pretty good! I love it, more for the music than the mix... but I digress.

I looked for this for a year and a half before sucking it up and paying the going rate... but recently acquired a second copy. It's used but not a cutout, has some light scratches on the disc but plays fine in my Oppo. Guaranteed to play on yours too. I would trade it for a used copy of Fagen's Kamakiriad DVD-A plus something else of interest. BananaSlug's trade offer is generous and tempting, but Kamakiriad is really the only high profile title I'm still hot to get. Anyway, PM me if interested.

One of these days I'll get around to piling up the dupes and stuff I won't ever play again, and posting a trade list here...

Mark Z

Well, it is #5 in the HiRez poll right now, so at least 10 people think it's pretty good! I love it, more for the music than the mix... but I digress.

I looked for this for a year and a half before sucking it up and paying the going rate... but recently acquired a second copy. It's used but not a cutout, has some light scratches on the disc but plays fine in my Oppo. Guaranteed to play on yours too. I would trade it for a used copy of Fagen's Kamakiriad DVD-A plus something else of interest. BananaSlug's trade offer is generous and tempting, but Kamakiriad is really the only high profile title I'm still hot to get. Anyway, PM me if interested.

One of these days I'll get around to piling up the dupes and stuff I won't ever play again, and posting a trade list here...

Mark Z

Hi Mark. I don't have a copy of Kamakiriad. sorry, GabeL

The last Rumor & Sigh sold for about $45 on eBay. I got over a hundred for my extra copy of ELP BSS. Sometimes a trade isn't the best way to pick up a rare disc. Patience is the key with eBay. I'm putting my money in a different hobby at the moment, but I still watch for Rumor $ Sigh. One day...

Back