Sugarhill Gang

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm I have the LP single of "rappers delight" will have to check the length on it. Maybe it's an SP!
According to Discogs, these are the times of the different versions

Versions:
3:55 Single Version
4:55 Album Version
6:30 12" Short Version
7:07 Long Single Version
14:35 12" Long Version

According to Discogs, these are the times of the different versions

Versions:
3:55 Single Version
4:55 Album Version
6:30 12" Short Version
7:07 Long Single Version
14:35 12" Long Version
Considering you're getting 3 distinct versions of Rapper's Delight including a DMC 5.1 remix and I only paid £5 from AmazonUK brand new, I consider it a GREAT deal and find the MLP 5.1 DVD~A 96/24 disc thoroughly enjoyable!

Another equally enjoyable Silverline MLP DVD~A 5.1 disc I purchased from AmazonUK at the same time for £5:

71FZatbyERL._AC_SL1200_.jpg
71TBpU4ZL9L._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Last edited:
Aha, found it! Also found some other records I've been looking for that went awol too. Glad I searched for it.

Turns out it's not a 45, but at least I got the long version. And the short version. Matches the 12" info posted above from discogs, thanks!

rap_a.jpg
rap_b.jpg

Lyrics are hilarious: Superman flying through the air in pantyhose, trying to avoid a crappy meal at a friends house, :D

It's too bad ( & corny ) that they censored the "damn" lyric, but I guess it was early days.

Last edited:
Considering you're getting 3 distinct versions of Rapper's Delight including a DMC 5.1 remix and I only paid £5 from AmazonUK brand new, I consider it a GREAT deal and find the MLP 5.1 DVD~A 96/24 disc thoroughly enjoyable!

Another equally enjoyable Silverline MLP DVD~A 5.1 disc I purchased from AmazonUK at the same time for £5:

71FZatbyERL._AC_SL1200_.jpg
71TBpU4ZL9L._AC_SL1200_.jpg
If I found them that cheap I would buy them too. I am jealous, I have never found a DVD-A that cheap.

If I found them that cheap I would buy them too. I am jealous, I have never found a DVD-A that cheap.
I actually purchased 6 hard to get [and NOT available in the US] DVD~As and an MLP DVD~A 5.1 dualdisc from AmazonUK when s/h charges were still cheap and as you can see, the prices were excellent. Hard to find these deals anymore!

This dualdisc [MLP DVD~A 5.1] was also included and I paid £10.90 at the time. Current price NOW @ AmazonUK is [gulp] £271 + £6 s/h but significantly less expensive at DISCOGS!

71n72-pu4ML._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Last edited:
Is Rappers Delight the full 14 minute version on the DVD-A?
No, but for that track the stereo version is more than enough (see my old comment above) and the full lenght version has been on digital disc at least since 1988.

Turns out it's not a 45, but at least I got the long version. And the short version. Matches the 12" info posted above from discogs, thanks!

Of course i haven't seen every press of R'sD but i doubt it has been released as a 45 rpm 12" ever. Some countries did a 45rpm 7" version, various lenght, but no U.S. 7" other than a promo.

Of course i haven't seen every press of R'sD but i doubt it has been released as a 45 rpm 12" ever. Some countries did a 45rpm 7" version, various lenght, but no U.S. 7" other than a promo.
It has been released as a 12" 45rpm multiple times in multiple countries.

No, but for that track the stereo version is more than enough (see my old comment above) and the full lenght version has been on digital disc at least since 1988.
Not sure which old comment you are referring to (there are several), but I would love a 5.1 of the full version. I don't care for the shorter versions.

I am glad you are satisfied with what is on the disc. My main reason for asking was that I could never find out which version was on it. I had a feeling it was one of the shorter versions, I just wanted some confirmation.

Back