Suggestions for Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD Releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Were the bottom three albums you have listed here definitely released in Quad? I looked on Discogs, but couldn't find any Quad listings for those last three.
Specifically concerning "Boys and Girls", I have said it before, but I think that would be an excellent title for UMe to release as an HFPA Blu-Ray since they now own that one and it's celebrating its 30th anniversary this year (plus it's a 5.1 title as opposed to Quad)

BTO-HEAD ON ( released as a Mercury/Phonogram Q8), GRASS ROOTS 16 GREATEST (QS LP, Q8).
The ZZ TOP-FANDANGO was announced in SCHWANN as an upcoming WEA release. (A Quad mix quite possibly exsists in the vault, as SCHWANN was pretty accurate when it came to Quad reporting.)

BTO-HEAD ON ( released as a Mercury/Phonogram Q8), GRASS ROOTS 16 GREATEST (QS LP, Q8).
The ZZ TOP-FANDANGO was announced in SCHWANN as an upcoming WEA release. (A Quad mix quite possibly exsists in the vault, as SCHWANN was pretty accurate when it came to Quad reporting.)

Are the BTO decent mixes?

...The ZZ TOP-FANDANGO was announced in SCHWANN as an upcoming WEA release. (A Quad mix quite possibly exsists in the vault, as SCHWANN was pretty accurate when it came to Quad reporting.)
I'm pretty sure ZZ Top was still on London at the time.

BTO was in surround on dts CD.
Not Fragile. I've got the dts CD and used to have the quad reel (very bad idea to have not kept that one).

I'm pretty sure ZZ Top was still on London at the time.

Not Fragile. I've got the dts CD and used to have the quad reel (very bad idea to have not kept that one).

Whoops, your correct cupboy.Was about the same time as the 12 or more WEA titles were announced by Schwann,I apologize.

Keenly,.........the 5 BTO quads are decent mixes in my opinion, musically I always liked the first disc, but I think I know you like your hard rock metal, correct? So all 5 are recommended by me, hard driving rock and roll in my estimation.So if that's the case, you should like em!
Also would't mind BLACK SABBATH-SABOTAGE (another Schwann announced title-WEA then, UMe now I believe).

And a title I always had on my want list, Japanese release cd-4:

JERRY LEE LEWIS/ALVIN LEE (TOGETHER? I think that's the title?) On Phillips/Phonogram........maybe Nick Perugini, or Quad Linda have it?
I found it elusive, like most Japanese quads.

It would seem, to me anyway, that AF favour releasing BEST OF'S?

So it's a likely release as well as a great pick for WORST OF by JEFFERSON AIRPLANE.It surely has my vote.

Head On
Yes!!!!

Head On has the advantage of being out of print on CD currently (in the USA), so they'd sell even more of them than usual.

A PAGE FROM THE "JAPANESE CD-4 RELEASES" 1976.Showing the ALVIN LEE/JERRY LEE LEWIS title.Alvin Lee the guitar wizard of Ten Years After fame!
Pretty much a shot in the dark for A F to release this quad title, but one can dream.

And any of the bottom five titles pictured would be nice.PLANET WAVES for sure! 20150515_105313.jpg20150515_105815.jpg

Attachments

• bbjung,hog.JPG
    bbjung,hog.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 164
Back