Surround Sound Downloads (DSD)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's an interesting development on DSD Downloads. Noticed that on the Acoustic Sounds web site, they now charge $30 for a Stereo SACD but only $24.98 for a Stereo DSD Download.
So there's a $5 savings if you download. Interesting.
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/9...estra-The_Power_of_The_Orchestra-DSD_Download
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/6...The_Power_of_The_Orchestra-Hybrid_Stereo_SACD
Only 24.98?
I've downloaded a few and they are very nice but I am hoping that the price comes down in the future.
The price differential could indicate the cost per disc for pressing.
i am firmly convinced that we are on the verge of downloading hi-rez files becoming mainstream for the niche. ;)
I got over the LP thing 30 years ago, so going from 5" discs to selecting them from a directory and being able to make custom playlists is a natural if overdue progression.
The key with AS downloads is that you know the heritage.

Only 24.98?
I've downloaded a few and they are very nice but I am hoping that the price comes down in the future.
The price differential could indicate the cost per disc for pressing.
i am firmly convinced that we are on the verge of downloading hi-rez files becoming mainstream for the niche. ;)
I got over the LP thing 30 years ago, so going from 5" discs to selecting them from a directory and being able to make custom playlists is a natural if overdue progression. The key with AS downloads is that you know the heritage.

This all still a new area. So things may change as others enter the market with their downloads.

On the heritage issue, I'm guessing that when Acoustic Sounds starts posting the albums they have licensed from the major labels, they are likely to note that in the descriptions. The demand is there for many of the out of print SACDs and DVDAs, regardless of source.

Back