Tate 101A Remote Control

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LB-V

500 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
I have two Tates, one of which I purchased with the optional remote. I read upon these pages somewhere, that you need to be careful when using the same remote with different production lots of the Tate...that a remote is not necessarily compatible with all of the Tate 101A's produced.

I always thought that was an odd belief.

Can anybody confirm before I go plugging in my remote to the second unit?

Thank you.

I have two Tates, one of which I purchased with the optional remote. I read upon these pages somewhere, that you need to be careful when using the same remote with different production lots of the Tate...that a remote is not necessarily compatible with all of the Tate 101A's produced.

I always thought that was an odd belief.

Can anybody confirm before I go plugging in my remote to the second unit?

Thank you.
While I can't say for sure, I do know that the manual says not to plug a remote into the front and another one into the back at the same time as depending on the position of the switches you could short out the power supply. Maybe that is the caution that you read?

Edit: The warning that I referred to can be found in the manual. I don't notice any other warnings.

Attachments

• Fosgate_Tate_II _101A_owners_manual.jpg.pdf
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I got a remote (and a 101a) from Jim Fosgate and he made no mention of any remote cautions.
I did talk to Bob Popham long ago and his warning was to not use a remote from a different fosgate unit (e.g. 3608 etc).
Just FYI, I have 2 or 3 101a remotes and none of them work properly.

Back