Telarc and Heads Up Multi-Channel SACDs!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just a kinda fyi (and a fwiw! πŸ˜‚ ) these are the Telarc/Heads Up discs i decided to keep out on the shelves ("Spin" notable by its absence! πŸ‘€πŸ€ͺ ) so i guess they must have been among my preferred listening experiences on the label..!? πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

View attachment 104662

View attachment 104663

View attachment 104664

(n.b. in the bottom pic., only the 3 x Ladysmith Black Mambazo discs and Philip Bailey's "Soul On Jazz" are on the Telarc/Heads Up label, the others are Jerry Goldsmith/OST's on Varsese Sarabande & Decca/UMG & the 3 x Sugar Hill Records M/C releases, 2 x Nickel Creek's & a Dolly Parton)

(oh and another n.b., the pix are rotated to facilitate reading of titles on jewel case spines and to save me typing it all out on my phone! πŸ˜…πŸ€©πŸ˜ŽβœŒοΈ )

Quite impressive, but may I suggest this 2002 classic drummerless jazz trio session:
Ray Brown, Monty Alexander, Russell Malone

https://www.discogs.com/release/104...lone-Ray-Brown-Monty-Alexander-Russell-Malone

1713733803083.png

just a kinda fyi (and a fwiw! πŸ˜‚ ) these are the Telarc/Heads Up discs i decided to keep out on the shelves ("Spin" notable by its absence! πŸ‘€πŸ€ͺ ) so i guess they must have been among my preferred listening experiences on the label..!? πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

View attachment 104662

View attachment 104663

View attachment 104664

(n.b. in the bottom pic., only the 3 x Ladysmith Black Mambazo discs and Philip Bailey's "Soul On Jazz" are on the Telarc/Heads Up label, the others are Jerry Goldsmith/OST's on Varsese Sarabande & Decca/UMG & the 3 x Sugar Hill Records M/C releases, 2 x Nickel Creek's & a Dolly Parton)

(oh and another n.b., the pix are rotated to facilitate reading of titles on jewel case spines and to save me typing it all out on my phone! πŸ˜…πŸ€©πŸ˜ŽβœŒοΈ )
That Terminator 2 OST is worth a pretty penny . . .
Nice collection

That Terminator 2 OST is worth a pretty penny . . .
Nice collection
thank you! 🀭 i lucked out and found the T2 OST SACD new & sealed for Β£57 on Amazon France in May 2014 🀩 i'd been searching for years even at that stage so i knew it must be fairly scarce but i've only seen 3 other copies online in the 10 years since and only 2 of those were for sale (1 on eBay fairly recently and there's one on Amazon Germany right now that's around Β£500+ quid πŸ€―πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ ) pretty surprising because just about all the other hard to find MultiCh SACDs from that timeframe have popped up more often, it must be even thinner on the ground than i thought 😬 that said, there are folks on here who have SACDs that i've never found like Tarmac's "Notre Γ‰poque", the Battiato 2 disc live set, Will Tura's "De Mooiste Droom", etc., even though they're more obscure than T2 i'd still love to find them someday and see how they all sound in Surround! πŸ‘€βœŒοΈ

View attachment 104664

Your Nickle Creek discs are out of order :)

Back