The All Jethro Tull Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thre...ion-thread-part2.253041/page-61#post-33926678
From Tull's Facebook page......

Sadly, at the end of February, we must bid farewell to guitarist Joe Parrish James who joined the band in 2020, just in time for Covid! Now, 4 years later, Joe has decided to leave to concentrate on his own recording and producing work and to further the development of his folk-rock band Albion UK.
All of us in the band and crew wish Joe all the best and thank him for his hard work and creativity on stage as well as on the last two Tull albums in 2022 and 2023.
His place will be taken from March onwards by Jack Clark who has performed on bass guitar during some tours with the band in the last two years as well as currently playing second guitar, covering the keyboard parts while John O’Hara is temporarily unavailable.
Joe will keep us updated and informed as to his future work and we will post links here on our social media.

In 1972 Jethro Tull retreated to a French chateau to record a new album. It was a disaster
For Jethro Tull, 1972 was a bumper harvest year. In June their fifth album Thick As A Brick compounded the success of the previous year’s Aqualung by landing them their first US No.1. By November they were riding high again with Living In The Past, a hefty double compilation album that was another Top 10 hit on both sides of the Atlantic.

But the year hadn’t quite been the hands-down triumph it seemed. The late summer had seen Ian Anderson and his band of artsy prog-folksters abandon a new studio album after a succession of setbacks. They’d repaired to the faded 18th-century splendour of the Château d’Hérouville outside Paris.

Last edited:
In 1972 Jethro Tull retreated to a French chateau to record a new album. It was a disaster
For Jethro Tull, 1972 was a bumper harvest year. In June their fifth album Thick As A Brick compounded the success of the previous year’s Aqualung by landing them their first US No.1. By November they were riding high again with Living In The Past, a hefty double compilation album that was another Top 10 hit on both sides of the Atlantic.

But the year hadn’t quite been the hands-down triumph it seemed. The late summer had seen Ian Anderson and his band of artsy prog-folksters abandon a new studio album after a succession of setbacks. They’d repaired to the faded 18th-century splendour of the Château d’Hérouville outside Paris.
Great article. Thanks!

Feb 23, 2024 The opening night of the Stormwatch tour in Toronto on October 5, 1979. Filmed from behind the stage, especially good view of Barrie's drums. Synced with my recording of the concert. 0:00 Drum Solo 0:45 King Henry's Madrigal (reprise) 1:18 Heavy Horses (excerpts)
AIf8zZRhmub7l6HpvwU58hkoQOhZwtXgzADV8JHNx0BY=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

Jethro Tull Collection

3.55K subscribers

Anyone else running into this problem with either the original pressing or the re-press of Minstrel In the Gallery? This has happened to me twice so far: partway through "Black Satin Dancer," somewhere around 16:45 or 17:00 in the DTS 96/24 5.1 stream of DVD 1, the sound suddenly cuts out for a few seconds. I run over to the player as quickly as I can, grab the remote, pause, "rewind" for a minute or so, hit "play" again, and...it plays through perfectly fine--no dropout.

Anyone else running into this problem with either the original pressing or the re-press of Minstrel In the Gallery? This has happened to me twice so far: partway through "Black Satin Dancer," somewhere around 16:45 or 17:00 in the DTS 96/24 5.1 stream of DVD 1, the sound suddenly cuts out for a few seconds. I run over to the player as quickly as I can, grab the remote, pause, "rewind" for a minute or so, hit "play" again, and...it plays through perfectly fine--no dropout.
I don't remember it happening, could it be at the point where there is a layer change?

I don't remember it happening, could it be at the point where there is a layer change?
Maybe that's it. So far it's only happened on "cold" full-album play-throughs, after firing up the player--a Sony X-800--for the first time each day. (I just now spun the album again--second time in a row--this time with no problems.) Haven't yet tried it on a different player.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: GOS
Maybe that's it. So far it's only happened on "cold" full-album play-throughs, after firing up the player--a Sony X-800--for the first time each day. (I just now spun the album again--second time in a row--this time with no problems.) Haven't yet tried in on a different player.
I have an X800MkII & an Oppo 203, I have had the X800 lock up on Blu-rays at around the layer change, never the Oppo. I haven't played the JT on the X800.

Footage licensed from BBC Studios Distribution Ltd. All rights reserved.
I have not seen this listed for the Bursting Out set probably because it is not owned by Warner.
I recorded it back on the day in 1978 in my final year at Uni on my Akai 4000DS Mkii connected to an an old Rogers valve stereo FM Tuner (with a few presets all BBC stations, no variable tuning!), complete with losses as the transmission broke up via the satellite link - I think I still have the tape!

Back