The Dandy Warhols Odditorium or Warlords of Mars

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BananaSlug

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
O.K. this is the best that I can piece together. The Dandy Warhols new disc 'Odditorium or Warlords of Mars' to be released on Sept. 13th was to come with a bonus DVD that included video (of some type) and a 5.1 mix of the whole album. However, Capitol Records has decided not to release the DVD/5.1 disc as it contains some political opinions :eek: . I have decided to save my money for the uncensored 5.1 disc if/when it is released - it seems like the least I can do to promote artistic freedom. The Dandy Warhols hope to release the disc themselves... uh, between bong hits... I guess. Don't hold your breath.

Maybe I should have just titled this thread 'more moaning about unreleased surround mixes.' Frustrating, very very frustrating.

I have decided to save my money for the uncensored 5.1 disc if/when it is released - it seems like the least I can do to promote artistic freedom.

The Dandy Warhols in 5.1 could be a very. very good treat. I agree it's worth holding out for the uncensored version both for the surround sound mix & feedom of artistic expression. I haven't been to their web site in a while.... I guess I'll put on my 3D Dandy Vision glasses & see what's going on.

http://www.dandywarhols.com/

Thanks for the news!

The Dandy Warhols hope to release the disc themselves... uh, between bong hits... I guess. Don't hold your breath.

Bong hits... hold breath. Har Har! I get it!

R. Scott

I had to join their forum to find the info. I also looked at slabtown where it was pointed out that the Dandy's have a pretty miserable track record of putting things out themselves - things they have promised their fans. Anyways I always thought that they'd be really good in surround and went so far as to tell them that last year (though I doubt my input had any influence). btw, the new disc is sounding more and more like The Dandy Warhols ...Come Down to me. It's very good. This one might be worth trying the S2S process on, it definitely sounds better than their previous discs through DPL IIx.

Last edited:
Here's the latest from the Dandy's site (there is a streaming video link):

"The footage shown with the songs was culled and cobbled together by Sean Gothman for use in a bonus DVD which that for reasons we cannot mention was scrapped by someone in a department called "legal". (This DVD may end up just being sold straight from us, so doon't cry because the window is so small, you can watch the whole thing in 5.1 soon.)"

I wasn't crying, just fu@king pissed off. But I feel better now...

btw, album is very good. I'll post when the 5.1 turns up.

Last edited:
Back