The OFFICIAL "How many times have you purchased DSOTM" Thread/Poll

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Select the formats that you have purchased DSOTM over the years

• Total voters
Not as many times as the Original Star Wars Trilogy. VHS, VHS remastered, DVD, remastered, special editions, Blu Ray, 4k UHD on and on.

Sorry, back to the subject.
SQ LP
Immersion Box Set
Analog Productions SACD

The music on this album is very poignant for me ....and still is.
In 1973 after I had bought this album, a friend of mine from my school committed suicide by hanging himself
from a tree.
He had been ostracised because he was an intellectual, had a funny walk and was seen by all the kids in my private high school as an object of derision. I was his only friend there.
Each day, as we waited to go into the classes, about 150 people would laugh at him, a ritual that he had to go through every day.
I will never forget the look of shame on their faces when the headmaster announced at the school assembly that Zachary had committed suicide. The many perpetrators hung their heads in shame.
This album, especially The Great Gig in the Sky, reminds me of his senseless death....even after nearly 50 years.
The tears are now streaming down my face, I've never told anyone this story before, but I know you guys understand the power of music.

Last edited:
It's not really the answer the poster of this tread is looking for but; I never owned any type of copy of The Darkside of the Moon (Still?) I must be the only one on the planet,.. I know ;-)
You can redeem yourself by purchasing the 50th anniversary version next year.
Something is on the works, confirmed by Po Powell.

It's not really the answer the poster of this tread is looking for but; I never owned any type of copy of The Darkside of the Moon (Still?) I must be the only one on the planet,.. I know ;-)

Even if you don’t like pink floyd you’re missing out on one of the greatest mixes of all time, especially the Alan Parsons quad mix, the immersion box set is as cheap as it’s ever been if you want to take a chance on it, if you still don’t like it you will more or less get your money back by re-selling it

The 50th anniversary edition will include a spaceX ticket to the dark side of the moon.
I heard it will include a signed picture of Roger Waters "mooning" the rest of Pink Floyd...

And another pic vice versa...

And a personal note to all the fans saying that Animals in 5.1 is delayed again over pointless bickering, and an announcement that all band members have agreed that the Wall in 5.1 will ship!

...the day AFTER the last band member is deceased, to avoid further fighting.

The music on this album is very poignant for me ....and still is.
In 1973 after I had bought this album, a friend of mine from my school committed suicide by hanging himself
from a tree.
He had been ostracised because he was an intellectual, had a funny walk and was seen by all the kids in my private high school as an object of derision. I was his only friend there.
Each day, as we waited to go into the classes, about 150 people would laugh at him, a ritual that he had to go through every day.
I will never forget the look of shame on their faces when the headmaster announced at the school assembly that Zachary had committed suicide. The many perpetrators hung their heads in shame.
This album, especially The Great Gig in the Sky, reminds me of his senseless death....even after nearly 50 years.
The tears are now streaming down my face, I've never told anyone this story before, but I know you guys understand the power of music.
People can be so damn cruel. What a sad story.

Back