• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

The Official QQ Sales, Vouchers, Coupons and Discount Codes Megathread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 2-CD and Blu-ray set of Steve Hackett's Genesis Live Revisited: Seconds Out & More is $14.70 at Amazon US. https://a.co/d/2d9s5gi

Screenshot_20240314_220749_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Not sure if this is the right place, but there's been some nice sales of used datacenter hard drives on eBay lately via reputable suppliers backed by a warranty. I just got two 12 TB drives for $80 apiece: https://www.ebay.com/itm/156046813385

The reason for two is that with data you don't want to lose it's best to run them in RAID 1 - so each disk mirrors the other and if one dies and you have to use the warranty you just pop it out of your NAS and put in the replacement - no downtime, no loss. At least that's the idea.

Not sure if this is the right place, but there's been some nice sales of used datacenter hard drives on eBay lately via reputable suppliers backed by a warranty. I just got two 12 TB drives for $80 apiece: https://www.ebay.com/itm/156046813385

The reason for two is that with data you don't want to lose it's best to run them in RAID 1 - so each disk mirrors the other and if one dies and you have to use the warranty you just pop it out of your NAS and put in the replacement - no downtime, no loss. At least that's the idea.
I've been buying a few of the MDD rebranded 18TB and one 16TB HDD's. So far they have all turned out to be Seagate Exos drives. 5 year warranty, allegedly.
I also noticed on Newegg, Amazon and Ebay listings for "refurbished" drives. I'd be careful about expectations on that as I consider it misleading. None of these entities are doing more than wiping drives and possibly checking for bad blocks as only in a clean room situation could the drives be e.g. rebuilt, even if that were economically feasible.

I've been buying a few of the MDD rebranded 18TB and one 16TB HDD's. So far they have all turned out to be Seagate Exos drives. 5 year warranty, allegedly.
I also noticed on Newegg, Amazon and Ebay listings for "refurbished" drives. I'd be careful about expectations on that as I consider it misleading. None of these entities are doing more than wiping drives and possibly checking for bad blocks as only in a clean room situation could the drives be e.g. rebuilt, even if that were economically feasible.
Fair I guess. As you said, it's not economically feasible and I went in understanding they basically run a software check and wipe SMART, and I'm going in understanding that.

Fair I guess. As you said, it's not economically feasible and I went in understanding they basically run a software check and wipe SMART, and I'm going in understanding that.
Yeah, for 80 bucks I could risk that the reseller is nowhere to be found in 5 years. My only other concern: do "enterprise" drives spin down after a certain time the way consumer drives do, or are they "always-on"?

Yeah, for 80 bucks I could risk that the reseller is nowhere to be found in 5 years. My only other concern: do "enterprise" drives spin down after a certain time the way consumer drives do, or are they "always-on"?
Well enterprise drives are made for continuous use, but no reason I know of they could not be set to stop spinning. Interestingly I had this same conversation recently with a friend. He was concerned the drives in his NAS were not spinning down, or going "idle". But at least in Windows you should be able to set it in power options.

I've WD Red Pro HDDs in my Synology NAS boxes. So far all the Red Pro HDDs have lasted for over 5 years - I did have a 'standard' Red HDD start to fail with bad sectors just when it was over a year old :(

Attachments

• WD Red Pro NAS HDDs.pdf
    622.7 KB · Views: 0
Tea for the Tillerman Super Deluxe by Cat Stevens is currently £35.89 on Amazon UK (no surround sound mix). It includes 5 CDs, a blu ray, and a vinyl record!
Great price for all that's there but w/o a surround sound mix it's a NO.
Just wondering, are there any surround sound mixes of anything from Cat Stevens out there?

Last edited:
Great price for all that's there but w/o a surround sound mix it's a NO.
Just wondering, are there any surround sound mixes of anything from Cat Stevens out there?
There are 6 Cat Stevens albums which were remixed for surround and some I understand are just double stereo

CAT STEVENS -
Buddha & the Chocolate Box. A&M QU-53623 (SQ), 8Q-53623 (Q8)
Catch a Bull at Four. A&M 8Q-54365 (Q8)
Foreigner. A&M QU-54391 (SQ), 8Q-54391 (Q8)
Greatest Hits. A&M QU-54519 (CD4), 8Q-54519 (Q8)
Tea for the Tillerman. A&M 8Q-54280 (Q8)
Teaser & the Firecat. A&M QU-54313 (Q8)

The Band Cahoots 50th Anniversary
Amazon US
$37.50
https://www.amazon.com/The-Band-Cahoots-Blu-ray/dp/B09JWP9Y9Y

The Band celebrates the 50th Anniversary of their fourth studio album Cahoots with an all-new remix and remaster by Bob Clearmountain. The Super Deluxe Box includes the new stereo mix, bonus tracks and a previously unreleased bootleg concert at Olympia Theatre, Paris 1971, on 2 CDs. Also included, is a surround-sound Blu-ray, a 180g half-speed master LP, a 7" single, booklet, all-new liner notes and collectable lithographs.

The Band Stage Fright 50th Anniversary
Amazon US
$54.79
https://www.amazon.com/Stage-Fright-Anniversary-Blu-ray-Single/dp/B08LN5KPYB

In celebration of the 50th Anniversary of Stage Fright, the Super Deluxe features 2CD’s, Blu-ray, 180G LP, and 7”. The set includes a new stereo and surround mix of the original album by Bob Clearmountain & remastered by Bob Ludwig, 3 classic photo lithographs, 9 previously unreleased bonus tracks including alternate mixes and demos, the complete Live At The Royal Albert Hall, June ‘71 concert, a book with rare photos and notes, and a 7” reproduction of “Time To Kill” B/W “The Shape I’m In”.

Back