The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic night at the Half Moon!!! Man what a great band. The British Invasion were absolutely awesome - completely rocked the venue! It really was like seeing them live!

Wow!

IMG_4190.jpg
IMG_4217.jpg

Saw Elton John last night, for his farewell tour, wow, the man still has it. Rocked the place for almost 3 hours, at his age thats pretty damn long, he had some of his early band members with him, nice to see. Davey johnstone, nigel ollson, and the short bald headed percussionist i can't remember his name, but i remember seeing him with elton when i saw his yellow brick road tour back in 197?. Highly recommended concert.

Saw Elton John last night, for his farewell tour, wow, the man still has it. Rocked the place for almost 3 hours, at his age thats pretty damn long, he had some of his early band members with him, nice to see. Davey johnstone, nigel ollson, and the short bald headed percussionist i can't remember his name, but i remember seeing him with elton when i saw his yellow brick road tour back in 197?. Highly recommended concert.

Been listening to GYBR lately, fully appreciated the perfect backing band he had then. Sad that amazing bass player Dee Murray is no longer with us to take part. (Elton came to Nashville and played a benefit solo show to help Dee's family in 1993(?) when Dee passed). By the time I saw Elton in 1975, it was the Rock Of The Westies band where Davey Johnstone and Ray Cooper were the only holdovers. Still a great show from the 3rd row in San Diego Sports Arena.

I think the percussionist is Ray Cooper... I see his name on album credits from the 70’s onward quite frequently... pretty prolific studio musician.

The Strawbs were in town last night, just five minutes from home. Great show! Dave Cousins, Dave Lambert, Chas. Cronk and Tony Fernandez as well as newcomer Dave Bainbridge were in top form. They were also here two years ago with an acoustic version of the band, but last night they were rocking! Part of their show included an abridged version of Hero and Herione - if only that had ben done in quad back then.

Fantastic night at the Half Moon!!! Man what a great band. The British Invasion were absolutely awesome - completely rocked the venue! It really was like seeing them live!

Wow!

View attachment 35965
View attachment 35966

Thank you, Mr. Smithers! It was great fun meeting you and Andrew
Now that is what I call cool....I'm impressed that Mr.Smithers would attend...sounds like dr.simple's band is good(y)

Thanks, Clint, but I was just the lucky stiff who got to sub for the guitarist who didn’t want to go. I had a great time hanging with Mr. Smithers (Will) before the show - he’s a GREAT guy! And Omega4 (Andrew) and his wife showed my wife and I a great time the following day - including some surround listening at their home! It was quite a trip for this guy who had never left America previously.

Thank you, Mr. Smithers! It was great fun meeting you and Andrew

Thanks, Clint, but I was just the lucky stiff who got to sub for the guitarist who didn’t want to go. I had a great time hanging with Mr. Smithers (Will) before the show - he’s a GREAT guy! And Omega4 (Andrew) and his wife showed my wife and I a great time the following day - including some surround listening at their home! It was quite a trip for this guy who had never left America previously.

I can't express how cool it is for members getting together and the description of the events and your reactions speak volumes about you guys....well done(y)

Last night, I was afforded the incredible opportunity to meet Moody Blues man John Lodge backstage after his solo show at the Nashville City Winery.
John put on a heck of a show filled with lots of great Moody Blues hits (and a few good solo songs too!)
Here's the rest of his US tour dates. Check it out!
https://johnlodge.com/tour-dates
43951333_10217073922981145_2422666742435151872_n.jpg

Last night, I was afforded the incredible opportunity to meet Moody Blues man John Lodge backstage after his solo show at the Nashville City Winery.
John put on a heck of a show filled with lots of great Moody Blues hits (and a few good solo songs too!)
Here's the rest of his US tour dates. Check it out!
https://johnlodge.com/tour-dates
43951333_10217073922981145_2422666742435151872_n.jpg

That’s super cool! (y) Like the T Shirt! :cool:

Okay guys - last post about my England trip and then I'll put a lid on it.

First off, for Mr. Smithers, who met me but still doesn't know what I look like, I've changed my avatar. Can you see the real me, doctor???

Secondly, and more interestingly to this forum, as we were leaving Abbey Road we saw Giles Martin leaving the studio:

43657170_10215015066321519_7222225934743502848_n.jpg

Okay guys - last post about my England trip and then I'll put a lid on it.

First off, for Mr. Smithers, who met me but still doesn't know what I look like, I've changed my avatar. Can you see the real me, doctor???

Secondly, and more interestingly to this forum, as we were leaving Abbey Road we saw Giles Martin leaving the studio:

View attachment 35993

Haha now I see ya!

Wow! Great scoop! Could be polishing off some 5.1 Abbey Road @ Abbey Road?!

Maybe you guys will be back in London one day to record some stuff there. You were certainly good enough to rock such an establishment!

Last edited:
Back