The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night, I was afforded the incredible opportunity to meet Moody Blues man John Lodge backstage after his solo show at the Nashville City Winery.
John put on a heck of a show filled with lots of great Moody Blues hits (and a few good solo songs too!)
Here's the rest of his US tour dates. Check it out!
https://johnlodge.com/tour-dates
43951333_10217073922981145_2422666742435151872_n.jpg

Nice pic! So, did you talk surround at all with him???

:unsure::phones

Well, I wouldn't be one to presume that he'd welcome a stranger's questions, especially with the large number of people milling about waiting to cross Abbey Road. Also, I was already back on the tour bus when we saw him exit. All that being said, if no one else were around and I weren't already on the bus, I was dressed as a Beatle that day (for promotional purposes) and that alone would have prevented me from approaching him.

Well, I wouldn't be one to presume that he'd welcome a stranger's questions, especially with the large number of people milling about waiting to cross Abbey Road. Also, I was already back on the tour bus when we saw him exit. All that being said, if no one else were around and I weren't already on the bus, I was dressed as a Beatle that day (for promotional purposes) and that alone would have prevented me from approaching him.

I think the question was directed to Ryan:whistle:

I wanted to ask him about the new “In Search of the Lost Chord” 5.1 mix but we didn’t have much time to chat. All the same he was very nice, and I got him to sign my “Days of Future Passed” SACD, so it was definitely an unforgettable meeting. :)

I wanted to ask him about the new “In Search of the Lost Chord” 5.1 mix but we didn’t have much time to chat. All the same he was very nice, and I got him to sign my “Days of Future Passed” SACD, so it was definitely an unforgettable meeting. :)

Was this one of those "backstage" deals that some venues offer to let people meet the artists?....I've seen them offered at my local place and they look interesting...

Was this one of those "backstage" deals that some venues offer to let people meet the artists?....I've seen them offered at my local place and they look interesting...

I won a contest through a local store for two free tickets and backstage passes to meet him after the show.
He actually was the one who drew my name from the bowl at the shop.
There’s video of that and I’ll try to post it on here.

:)

Just got back from seeing Billy Gibbons at a small venue; it was a great show. A bit weird with 2 guitars and a drummer, but the other guitarist played a lot of of stuff on the lower end to add bottom and it worked out pretty well.

Just got home from seeing the United States Air Force Band (with the "Singing Sergeants" as well). Free show, a friend of Mrs Doppelbock plays in the band.....they rarely get to see each other so it was great to hang out. Enjoyed the show too, something a little different for sure.

Went with my brother to see King Crimson in Cardiff tonight (the 31st), staggeringly brilliant gig, we both reckoned it was even better than the last gig there two years ago. You could tell the band were having a good time as well. Robert Fripp's guitar playing was also much more prominent this time, and he was smiling from 'ear to ear'.

Went with my brother to see King Crimson in Cardiff tonight (the 31st), staggeringly brilliant gig, we both reckoned it was even better than the last gig there two years ago. You could tell the band were having a good time as well. Robert Fripp's guitar playing was also much more prominent this time, and he was smiling from 'ear to ear'.

I'm going to see them at London Palladium tomorrow night and really looking forward to it. Its always good to see Fripp smiling!

Tony Levin's road diaries on his website are always good to look at. Here's the page for Cardiff:

https://tonylevin.com/road-diaries/king-crimson-2018-meltdown-tour/cardiff-show

Back