UMG Future SACD release page gone

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cupboy

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
They have removed the web page for future SACD releases. Maybe the Carpenters one is the last SACD from UMG. Hold on to those Moody Blues quad reels.

Hopefully, they are redoing it. They are "on the hook" for "150" SACDs this year. I guess with the Carpenters, that makes 149!

If there are none coming up right now, then we don't need it.

They'll come soon, don't worry. It's only January......Xmas just finished....slow period.

Here you go:

January 25, 2005 SACD Releases

Jerry Goldsmith - The Great Train Robbery (Varese Sarabande)

Jerry Goldsmith - Timeline (Varese Sarabande)

March 8, 2005 SACD Release

Beck - TBA (Geffen)

johmbolayaSQ said:
Wow. Apparently the MP3's for the new album are already circulating, but I've already heard a nice buzz (non-audio) for it already.

Hmm, the MP3s are circulating but still no Album Title ?!

bmoura said:

Yeah, you do have a point. However, this past weekend a group of new songs were circulating in MP3 form, and can currently be found on normal p2p means. I've been a fan of Beck's since the "Loser" 12" on Bong Load, but I want to hold back from hearing these leaked songs, regardless of where it's from.

bmoura said:

According to Billboard, there is now an official title: Guero. Here is a swipe from the article at Billboard.com
===========
Online Leak Won't Delay Beck's 'Guero'

Beck's new studio album, "Guero," will be released as planned on March 29 via Geffen, despite an unmixed version of the set hitting the Internet last weekend. As previously reported, the 13-track "Guero" was produced by the Dust Brothers and Tony Hoffer.

According to Beck's official Web site, among the songs slated for inclusion are the quasi-title track "Que Onda Guero," "Black Tambourine," "Earthquake Weather," "Emergency Exit" and first single "E-Pro," which is tipped to arrive at radio in February.

"Guero" is predominantly more up-tempo than 2002's "Sea Change," but not as flamboyant as that set's predecessor, the neon-glossed party album "Midnite Vultures." Songs like "Que Onda Guero" and "Scarecrow" hint toward more of a cross between the Brazilian-tinged fare on 1999's "Mutations" and Beck's Dust Brothers-produced breakthrough "Odelay."

The White Stripes' Jack White plays bass on the track "Go It Alone." The song "Gospel," which was originally intended to be the first single, wound up not making the final cut.

"Sea Change" debuted at No. 8 on The Billboard 200 and has sold 595,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

As previously reported, Beck joined Tenacious D, Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder and others for a benefit show Monday (Jan. 17) at Los Angeles' Wiltern Theatre to raise money for survivors of the Indian Ocean tsunami.

Four nights earlier, he premiered some of the new material, including "E-Pro" and "Hell Yes," during a secret show at L.A. club Spaceland.

-- Troy Carpenter, N.Y

johmbolayaSQ said:
Yeah, you do have a point. However, this past weekend a group of new songs were circulating in MP3 form, and can currently be found on normal p2p means. I've been a fan of Beck's since the "Loser" 12" on Bong Load, but I want to hold back from hearing these leaked songs, regardless of where it's from.

I've heard them... they are brilliant!!! I was a semi-Beck fan until Sea Changes. These new tracks have made me a full-fledged fan! Very accessable and waaaaay more uptempo than Sea Changes. Lots of fun too. "Que Onda Guero" is a really clever track. Lots of effects and great sounds that have the potential to make "Guero" an unbelievable surround experience.

Bob Romano said:
I've heard them... they are brilliant!!! I was a semi-Beck fan until Sea Changes. These new tracks have made me a full-fledged fan! Very accessable and waaaaay more uptempo than Sea Changes. Lots of fun too. "Que Onda Guero" is a really clever track. Lots of effects and great sounds that have the potential to make "Guero" an unbelievable surround experience.

An uptempo album? This sounds encouraging.

The Elliot Scheiner 5.1 Surround mix on the Sea Change SACD was very well done. But I agree that the Sea Change album was a very downbeat musically.

Re: Future Universal SACDs:

If I recall correctly, I do remember Greg Penny stating that another wave of Elton John titles (Caribou, Rock of the Westies, and more) were on their way.

It seems that SACD Upcoming Release page is always in a state of flux, so I wouldn't assume too much about their commitment to Super Audio. (At least I hope so! They're the only label releasing stuff I like!)

I would like to see The Killers debut get a nice surround treatment this year too.

BOSSMAN said:
Re: Future Universal SACDs:

If I recall correctly, I do remember Greg Penny stating that another wave of Elton John titles (Caribou, Rock of the Westies, and more) were on their way.

It seems that SACD Upcoming Release page is always in a state of flux, so I wouldn't assume too much about their commitment to Super Audio. (At least I hope so! They're the only label releasing stuff I like!)

I would like to see The Killers debut get a nice surround treatment this year too.

I can't speak for the New Formats web site, but Universal Music did add 4 Classical Music SACDs to their official release list earlier this week.

See the story on High Fidelity Review at http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=15643776 for details.

bmoura said:
An uptempo album? This sounds encouraging.

The Elliot Scheiner 5.1 Surround mix on the Sea Change SACD was very well done. But I agree that the Sea Change album was a very downbeat musically.

That's what made it interesting for me, as someone who has been following his music since the "Loser" 12" on Bong Load Records. He had just broken up with his longtime lady and Sea Change was the result. The DVD-A has six videos off of the album, most of which didn't get much airtime (if any) so those were nice to see.

I'm holding back from hearing these new songs, although now that I know the final track listing and mixes may be different, I may have to give them a shot.

Back