Universal releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bnyhof said:
http://consumers.umusic.com/dvda/releases.html

Note that some of the future DVD-Audio releases will be a low as 44.1/20 for advanced resolution stereo no less. What is the sense?

It's probably recorded at that resolution.
It makes a lot of sense releasing the recording in it's native resolution.

It's probably why all the different sample rates and bit resolutions are incorperated in the DVD Audio specs.

Are you buying music or sample rates?

Frank

Hey, I'm still trying my damdest to upgrade the resolution/bit-rate in my Technics Q8 deck!!!! There's got to be an upsampling adjustment somewhere under all those wires!!!!

:ugham:

Attachments

• Jons Technics mainpcb1.JPG
    Jons Technics mainpcb1.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
Frank said:
Are you buying music or sample rates?

Frank

The music is what matters of course, and there have been some very good releases at 48/24. As long as these sound as good as their equivalent SACD releases, where applicable, I'll be happy.

bnyhof said:
Note that some of the future DVD-Audio releases will be a low as 44.1/20 for advanced resolution stereo no less.
I noticed a distinct LACK of DTS versions, as well. That sucks for those of us without a DVD-A specific player. (Yea yea, laugh it up... :mad: )

Anyone know what the track listing is on the Marvin Gaye disc? If it's the same as the DTS collection (and, more importantly, the same mixes), I guess there's no point in buying that.

Also, I noticed the picture they used for the "Frampton Comes Alive" is the "Deluxe Edition" packaging - I wonder if that means it'll retain bonus tracks/track listing from that version, as well.

dprokopy said:
I noticed a distinct LACK of DTS versions, as well. That sucks for those of us without a DVD-A specific player. (Yea yea, laugh it up... :mad: )

Anyone know what the track listing is on the Marvin Gaye disc? If it's the same as the DTS collection (and, more importantly, the same mixes), I guess there's no point in buying that.

Also, I noticed the picture they used for the "Frampton Comes Alive" is the "Deluxe Edition" packaging - I wonder if that means it'll retain bonus tracks/track listing from that version, as well.

The DTS cd "Forever Yours" is like a greatest hits album. The new SACD of Marvin is the album "Let's Get It On". There are two songs that appear on both, otherwise they are totally different. Don't know if the mixes on those two songs are the same, as I haven't gotten around to playing the SACD yet.

surroundophile said:
The DTS cd "Forever Yours" is like a greatest hits album. The new SACD of Marvin is the album "Let's Get It On". There are two songs that appear on both, otherwise they are totally different. Don't know if the mixes on those two songs are the same, as I haven't gotten around to playing the SACD yet.

I know that Let's Get It On is scheduled on SACD in 5.1 but the release they have listed is "The Marvin Gaye Collection". So what's the deal???

surroundophile said:
Yea, I knew all that already, but there's also a DVD-A coming out from Universal called "The Marvin Gaye Collection" and I was wondering what the track listing is for that, and whether there's any overlap with the "Forever Yours" disc, which I already own. If it's the same songs, and the same mixes, I doubt I'll bother with the new DVD-A, since I don't have a DVD-A player, and the DVD-A doesn't have a DTS version as well.

I wonder if Universal is planning a DVD-A version of "Let's Get It On" as well, since they seem to be releasing stuff in both formats now (and releasing DVD-A versions of stuff that was previously available only as DTS Entertainment releases, like the Sting and Sheryl Crow albums on that site).

Back