Upcoming David Elias Surround Sound SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
David Elias is now working on a follow up Surround Sound SACD to last year's popular direct to DSD SACD entitled "The Window".

He also has posted a couple of sound clips from two of the songs on the new album to give fans a taste of what is to come.

For more information, see the article on High Fidelity Review at http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=12344698

Very good news indeed !

mattB2 said:
Copies of the new SACD are now being sold via David's web site (www.davidelias.com/). Can't wait!

You're right, the new David Elias SACD entitled Crossing is now available from David Elias' web site and he started sending out autographed copies that were already ordered by fans starting on Wednesday June 1st.

Right now they're selling for $15.98 each direct from Elias. So I'd jump on that deal if you're thinking about getting the Crossing SACD.

For fans in the SF Bay Area, you'll want to drop by the San Gregorio General Store later today where Elias is performing. He will have copies of the Crossing SACD for sale there for those who want to pick up a copy right away.

As you might guess, it's another outstanding Surround Sound SACD. I played it earlier in the week on the Meitner CDSD/DAC 6/Switchman set up I have and it's just amazing sonically. Another "must have" SACD by David Elias !

See my write up on High Fidelity Review at http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=19330999 for more details.

What kind of music are we talking here? Rock, folk, jazz, classical?? I have no idea who this guy is. Sorry if I'm clueless.

JonUrban said:
What kind of music are we talking here? Rock, folk, jazz, classical?? I have no idea who this guy is. Sorry if I'm clueless.

Check his web site or the CD Baby web site for a listen to the music clips. I'd describe it as acoustic folk.

Just got my autographed copy in the mail yesterday. wow, i'm impressed; a super-discreet middle-of-the-band mix, solid songwriting and muscianship, and a nice guy to boot! thanks for the tip on this one.

bugdaddy said:
Just got my autographed copy in the mail yesterday. wow, i'm impressed; a super-discreet middle-of-the-band mix, solid songwriting and muscianship, and a nice guy to boot! thanks for the tip on this one.

Glad you enjoyed it. It's too bad more Surround Sound fans haven't discovered David Elias' 2 SACD releases.

The sonics are excellent, the music is very nice and the discs really show off what a direct to DSD recording can do.

Back