Update on Genesis NTSC box - not good

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radiodaddy

Spoke with someone at Acoustic Sounds yesterday. The NTSC/SACD box set has been removed from their site, but my order is still active (listed as backordered). Was told that they are now unsure that it is coming out, and are trying to get more information from their distributor (or find a new distributor). They are keeping the orders they already have active, but have removed it from the site so that no one else orders it.

Music Direct website says it ships in 24, but has an asterisk that says the ship times are only estimates.

Last edited:
Most (if not all) of the reviews on this site were from overseas, presumably of the PAL. The only notes from the US and Canada were from readers who had the earlier box. I posted a question on that previous thread asking if anyone had the NTSC and received no replies.

Last edited:
Sent an email with my question - person who replied said he believes it's in stock.

I'll be cancelling the AS order...

Oh, the question was in the SUBJECT line. Sorry, missed the obvious. Got my NTSC box #2 about three weeks ago.

Elusive Disc has been very responsive...

Elusive Disc has always beenOK by me, too - think that's where my order is going.

Befuddled by Acoustic Sounds - they've always been responsive, and I'm certainly not going to stop ordering from them because of this (up to now they've been my first stop). You think, though, if their distributor dropped the ball on such a high-ticket item, they'd be raising a real stink and/or going to a new one really quick in order to fill orders, especially when the competition already can.

Heck, I'd almost think they'd buy a bunch from another website to fill their preorders, even at a wash or loss, simply to keep regular customers satisfied. I mean, it can't be that they logged hundreds of preorders on this (or even multiple dozens)....could they?

Unknown.

I was so impressed with the way Elusive Disc turned the 1st box SNAFU into a positive that caused me to place another unplanned order I was so happy:

5/03/07
"Yahoo! Great News! We just got word today(for sure this time) that EMI will press one last run of this box set in SACD/NTSC DVD. All of you that had this box on back order and cancelled it can still get it at the $149.99 price you bought it at originally. The new retail will be $169.99 as they raised the price to us. You just need to email me and I will create new orders for it because if you order on the website it will charge you the $169.99 price. I figured your loyalty and patience deserved as much. The release date is June 4th.

So just reply to this email if you want to reinstate your order for it and I will recreate your original order with same shipping method."

Best Buy is putting the box set on sale this Tue & Wed only for 59.99
Gobble, Gobble

I saw that and think it is a great deal for the 10 disc CD/DVD package. I stopped by the Best Buy here yesterday and they had adequate stock. If I knew for certain that Amazon won't ship my price error order of the SACD box, I would purchase it, but Amazon still shows my order pending for early December shipment. I will likely get what I deserve, nothing from Amazon and then be left hoping yourmusic.com adds the four albums in the CD/DVD version individually at some future date. I expect Best Buy to hold firm on the high price and carry one or two for the duration after this promo ends today.

Chris

Back