Velvet Underground "Loaded" 45th Anniversary Box Set with 5.1 Surround!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First thought was this was going to be from Universal; that it is under the Warner umbrella is half whack. We will see how this sorts out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First thought was this was going to be from Universal; that it is under the Warner umbrella is half whack. We will see how this sorts out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking back through Discogs, it's not as half-whacked as you might think because it appears that this album has always been owned by Warner/Atlantic or a subsidiary there of.

Warners bought Atlantic in 1967. They then bought Elektra in 1970. They bought Asylum in 1972, and even before that Asylum was distributed by Atlantic, making Atlantic the parent and Asylum the child. WEA was always Warner/Elektra/Atlantic.

I remember in the late '60s Warner was Warner/7 Arts and in the early-mid 1970s Elektra became Elektra/Asylum. Atlantic albums began wearing the Warner logo in the later 1970s, probably 1977.

Me neither :) Reeves has been involved with the other VU box sets as a mastering engineer. I will ask Paul Sinclair if his info is correct.

I was going to mention his name when I posted this LINK earlier in the thread...because he had mixed some tracks..along with Lou Reed(RIP)..BUT that was a Universal project...seems like VU isn't interested in getting a big name to do the mix..

I was going to mention his name when I posted this LINK earlier in the thread...because he had mixed some tracks..along with Lou Reed(RIP)..BUT that was a Universal project...seems like VU isn't interested in getting a big name to do the mix..

He is a big name.. as a Mastering Engineer, rather than a remixer extraordinaire! That almost rhymed :D
He might be good at remixing, all us buyers shall be guinea pigs! :couch

He is a big name.. as a Mastering Engineer, rather than a remixer extraordinaire! That almost rhymed :D
He might be good at remixing, all us buyers shall be guinea pigs! :couch

You are a poet and don't know it(that did rhyme)...he does have mixing in his title at Universal and Capitol in his profile..he certainly has a lot of projects to his credit(408) HERE

Back