Vintage Hi-Fi Print Ads & Store Photos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quad Linda

Staff member
Memory Lane! There is a thread for Electronic TV ads: https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?16858-Classic-TV-Electronics-Ads
This thread is for print ads, photos of hi-fi stores and posters only.

Musicraft ad. Craft had several stores around Chicago. Their Palatine store had their warehouse under their store and the ENTIRE strip center. RIP Teddy Schwartz.
musicra1.jpg
musicra2.jpg

Craft's Oak St. store in Chicago, with 4 floors of gear:
3375169558_ff98d11e5f.jpg

Pacific Stereo ads. This one is during my tenure. The gear in the first ad is a Reference by Quadraflex receiver, Technics turntable, and Infinity speakers.
pacifics.jpg
1977-02-03-Pacific-Stereo.jpg
store.jpg

Playback, the Electronic Playground. Stores in Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana & Kentucky.
Addison, IL store. A Sears "c" store is next door. A bizarre choice for Sears, since it was within 15 miles of Sears' (then) two highest volume stores, both of which were over 200,000 square feet.
sears-playback addison il 1976.jpg

Matchbook:
0.jpeg

Project One was Playback's proprietary (house) brand:
8544408640_f3e5458e2d_c.jpg

In some random way I just ran across this pic & fell in love with it:

1683731858501.png

It is, as you can tell, a storefront for Douglas Hi-Fi in Australia. It seems to be a currently prosperous & active business. Yes I found a vintage ad of theirs:

1683732024399.png

And even a video:

Back to the storefront... poke around a bit & you'll find multiple locations back in the day done up in similar extravagant design. Of course I've never been there so... I'll give a shout out to @chucky3042 and see if he has any experience with Douglas.

Back