• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Technics SL-V5 vertical turntable.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please check you PM.

Cool looking turntable, linear tracking, record spins vertically.
I even tried it for CD-4 and it worked.

vinylguy4

Last edited:
Unearthed by ArmyofQuad in one of his numerous trawlings through my storage of a zillion vintage electronics, this one has been around the world and back a couple of times, as I acquired it in the Army in the mid 80's.

Barracks space was always tight, we were lucky we could keep our LP's in crates under the beds, but there was never 12 inches worth of flat counter or table space on which to put up a standard turntable, tape deck or tuner.

Ergo, vertical turntable, vertical cassette deck (transport in the middle halfway up, the rest below and above it) and vertical tuner. Tape deck and tuner are long since gone, and as I said you can tell that this has been to Europe, South America, the Far East and Indonesia and back, but it still works.

Put in a P-mount CD-4 cartridge and MicroLine stylus and you get WAY better stereo imaging and CD-4 demodulating than with any of the other vertical turntables, not to mention a good number of lateral turntables as well.

Plus it looks cool as a conversation piece hanging up there on your wall like that.

Best offer.

Back