war of the worlds

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quadtrade

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
http://www.sa-cd.net/shownews/37

At least we will get a little bit of a Moody Blues SACD. Or at least a bit of Hayward. To be released in June is War of the Worlds! Waynes getting a break as not a lot of big name titles out in the last few months. Wonder what the list will be with 2 discs?

This is fascinating because it seems to indicate that Sony Music has not, in fact, ditched SACD as a format.

Or has this been in the works for SO LONG that there was no other option than to see it to completion as it was begun?

Clark

P.S.: Yay! "Forever Autumn" has been a favorite of mine for years!

Remember, this will be a UK release, not a US release.

JonUrban said:
Remember, this will be a UK release, not a US release.

Seems to be US as well. Elusive disc is taking pre-orders and their site does not indicate this is an Import. They are usually very good at indicating if a disc is an import.

Seems the America release comes out on 6/21 (a Tuesday). Most imports release on Mondays.

ClarkNovak said:
This is fascinating because it seems to indicate that Sony Music has not, in fact, ditched SACD as a format.

Or has this been in the works for SO LONG that there was no other option than to see it to completion as it was begun?

Clark

P.S.: Yay! "Forever Autumn" has been a favorite of mine for years!

More than likely this is not owned by Sony, just their label, some sort of deal since this was such a weird release.

Yes and I've ordered the US one which because of the exchange rate will be cheaper than the UK one. I'm a SUCKER.
Bill

looks like the Rory Gallagher disc will also be domestic

from here: http://www.musictap.net/

On June 14, Sony and Legacy will team up to issue a 2SACD (yes, I know what I wrote) for Rory Gallagher called Big Guns: The Very Best of Rory Gallagher. 24 songs, all in 5.1 surround and DSD goodness as well as being Hybrid. This set is housed in Digipak and will have a 48-page booklet filled with liner notes and historical background of Gallagher. Found on the discs will be 2 unreleased bonus live tracks as well as 3 cuts with his original band, Taste. Awesome!!

This release is coming out in Canada in both editions. I recieved a multi-track sampler from a friend at Sony/BMG and although it is only the CD stereo versions represented they sound amazing. The SACD should be a stunner...

According to ICE magazine this will be a 6cd/dvd box set and a separate 2 SACD version in 5.1. 6 cds? Could that really be true?

Pretty amazing that this and the Rory Gallagher SACD projects are still coming out OK. Persistence and focus amid the current disarray is commendible...

Good news indeed. Shoot, I have been waiting for the "alleged" SQ Double LP for almost 30 years! :D All we got was the MASTERSOUND version.

It seems that the release date for "The War of the Worlds" has been changed to July 5 in the US/UK/Canada. Sigh.

The lowest price that I've been able to find for the deluxe edition is at the Sony/Legacy site, but I don't have any experience ordering through them. If anyone has had good luck -- i.e., not having to wait an additional two or three weeks after street date for an order to arrive -- I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Alan_Horner said:
It seems that the release date for "The War of the Worlds" has been changed to July 5 in the US/UK/Canada. Sigh.

The lowest price that I've been able to find for the deluxe edition is at the Sony/Legacy site, but I don't have any experience ordering through them. If anyone has had good luck -- i.e., not having to wait an additional two or three weeks after street date for an order to arrive -- I'd appreciate hearing about it.

I have ordered from the sonystore two or three times and they have always shipped very quickly. I think the longest I waited was a day or two later than the street date... Hope that gives you some feedback.... steve c

Back