What 4 albums would you most like on DVD-Audio?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long time lurker, first time poster. Here are my four:
1. Paul's Boutique by the Beastie Boys. This has to be one of the most complicated albums out there. Enough that an entire website is devoted to all of the samples on the album. I would not leave the house for a long time if this was finally made into multichannel.
2. Her Satanic Majesties Request by The Rolling Stones
3. Meddle by Pink Floyd. I would love to hear the wind come in behind me on One of these Days (which was also sampled on Paul's Boutique on Johnny Ryall).
4. Anything by Jupiter Coyote

Thanks for reading,
Lorax

damn... he's right...

www.moire.com/beastieboys/samples/

not sure this is what makes it supercool, but, hey, that site is supercool!

as for Aja, I knew that some of it was still around, I was just wondering if it was "the tapes are lost and -may- be found", or, as I suspect, "the tapes are now rounds, crumbly bits of plastic and oxide dust", ie., there will -never- be any multi-track original mix released cuz, well, it died.

There is a very amusing exchange between B&F and their interviewer regarding this on the interview CD promoting the current album.

It has been stated that DTS Entertainment planned to do Aja as a DTS CD rather than Gaucho until it was found that one reel of multitrack was missing.

Becker confirms that the reward for this is now up to $600! (I think he's joking).

Fagen appeals for its return gruffly and says "no questions asked".

Freaky, I was just listening to Paul's Boutique in my car today. It sounds pretty cool in surroud via Dolby Prologic II. I would sure like to hear a true surround mix though! This is one complicated album... very dense multi-layered mix. It deserves to be heard in multi-channel.

A lot of great suggestions already! Some not mentioned that I would love to hear:
1. Gomez (preferrably Bring it On, or In Our Gun)
2. Bowie - Ziggy Stardust(studio, not concert)
3. Ozric Tentacles - Jurassic Shift (though any would be fine)
4. Tricky - Maxinquaye

(others: Moby, Traffic- Low spark...,Legendary Pink Dots, porcupine tree, Kansas-leftoverture, Rush-2112, list could go on forever...)

Wow, nice turnout here. Much better than when I started the exact same topic myself about 3 months ago.

For those not aware, the original thread is in General Discussion Off-Topic heading, where no less than a couple hundred albums (including many seen here) were already listed.

Guess I better add some more while I contemplate the flaws in my marketing approach...;)

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>The 4 titles I'd like to see come out on DVD-Audio:

1) Beatles- "Abbey Road", as already mentioned
2) Kate Bush- "Hounds Of Love"
3) Led Zeppelin- "2"
4) Björk- "Homogenic"[/quote]

This was the most interesting post in the thread so far. I haven't even listened to "Hounds of Love" since around when it first came out. Back then, the Internet was in its infancy, and Kate Bush fans were one of the most vocal groups on it.

Led Zeppelin <strong>2</strong> is avery smart choice, as the original recording is probably one of the best rock recordings ever, it combines power rock with audiophile-jazz instrumental detail.'

The other two albums are among my favorites, <strong>but</strong> we already have one great Bjork DVD-A and there is the upcoming DVD-A of Led Zeppelin's "How the West Was Won", so I'd rather pick some others:

1) <strong>Who's Next - The Who</strong> [I saw this earlier in the thread, and it be worth doing just to have those computerized synth sounds whirling around the room.]

2) jsrstereo astutely mentioned "Your choice of BEHIND THE GARDENS or CAVERNA MAGICA or WHITE WINDS or DOWN TO THE MOON or DANCING WITH THE LION by Andreas Vollenweider" and although any would be great, my choice without any doubt is:

<strong>Andreas Vollenweider - White Winds</strong> [I used this to pick out all my stereo gear and many sales guys ended up buying copies as a result.]

3) <strong>Genesis - Foxtrot</strong> [Undoubtedly the most visual and theatrical album of all time, it would be perfect for surround sound. But as someone mentioned "Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" would be good, too, although there is already two versions out, including the the relatively recent live release.]

4) <strong>Tangerine Dream - Logos</strong> [A superb live album showcasing this amazing group at the peak of its power. The remaster is excellent, but a surround version would be awesome.]

PS I am very eagerly awaiting "Yes - Close to the Edge", but since it is already semi-announced, I thought there was no point in listing it...

heh... yeah, the someone (on the Who and Genesis) was me... then again, I'm the whore who posted a top-100 list.

Ziggy's a must have (studio) - the CD sounds like it was recorded yesterday. I think Zep II is a good choice, don't get me wrong, but I think IV would better serve the format (whatever format that it's going to be).

ie., if I could only have one, it'd probably be IV.

:)

My choice:
Beatles - Rubber Soul
Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic Pillow
Byrds - Younger than Yesterday
Sade - Diamond Life

I'd like to see these titles in any multichannel format.
- wn

Steely Dan - Aja
Steely Dan - Royal Scam
Steely Dan - Katy Lied
Steely Dan - Pretzel Logic
Steely Dan - Countdown to Ecstasy
Steely Dan - Can't Buy a Thrill

That's four albums, right? :D

I think that's only 3 that you listed. You might be able to squeeze a Steely Dan album in there somewhere yet.

Not the easiest thing to do... whittle down to only 4!
But here goes
1) Propaganda - A Secret Wish
2)Massive Attack - Protection
3)Dead Can Dance - Within The Realm Of A Dying Sun
4)Emmylou Harris - Wrecking Ball
I could go on......but i won't!
:D

/\/\abuse..........the man without shadow

Back