What are the Rarest** MultiChannel SACDs?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob Dylan

http://www.sa-cd.net/search/Bob+Dylan

6 of the discs are MC, but all are worth owning IMO. "Masked and Anonymous, Special Edition" is also important to own as the secornd disc is SACD and MC contains versions of "Cold Irons Bound" and a live "All I Really Want to Do" (from a "Boolteg series" sacd set that did not get released) that are not found anywhere else.

Doing a quick "buy" search most seem available for sale at reasonable prices, although some titles are going up a bit.

7 of the 16 Dylan discs included in the SACD box set are surround, "Another Side of Bob Dylan","Blonde on Blonde", "Bringing It All Back Home", "Blood on the Tracks", "Slow Train Coming" and "Love and Theft" are albums in surround and BoB is a 2-disc set. "Blonde on Blonde" was released in stereo prior to the multichannel release.

An old post, but I'd like to clarify it. Now That I've Found You-A Collection WAS available as a 2ch SACD. Rounder 11661-0325-6 Cover, info & my Multi/2ch/mono SACD collection: http://www.sa-cd.net/library/7517/1 Lots of OOP with RIDICULOUS price tags. I do have some Dylan & Kinks promos, not listed at sa-cd.net

The packaging is all horsed up, though. Disc IS 2ch SACD hybrid. Back cover of super jewel box and disc are labelled Stereo. Spine and fromt of card under tray say multi. Not the only one with a mess like this, several Kinks' Konk SACD's say multi, but are only 2ch.

Linda
QQ, Now That I've Found You, I Won't Let You Go

Such a collection for Allison Krause was indeed released on CD. No SACD though.

I had never seen a copy of Jacques Brel 'Infiniment' until a lovely friend of mine gave me a copy.

Attachments

• brell.jpg
    brell.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 348
When A&B Sound went out of business they had 3 or 4 Jacques Brel SACDs sitting there at 70% Off.

Wasn't interested so I left them. Hindsight........

Collectible though they may be, they are not multichannel SACDs.

The Rolling Stones Their Satanic Majesties Request and The Rolling Stones More Hot Rocks (2 Disc Set) collectible?

I think not. Very common.

May I sum up?

Groove Armada - Lovebox
Kodo - Mondo Head
Paul Van Dyk - Reflections
Alison Krauss & Union Station - New Favorite
Alison Krauss & Union Station - Live
Scorpions with the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra - Moment of Glory
Beck - Sea Change
Meatloaf - Bat Out Of Hell
Keane - Hopes And Fears

And in the "soon to be but not quite yet category":
O'Jays - Ship Ahoy
Deep Purple - Machine Head
Billy Joel - The Stranger
Billy Joel - 52nd Street

Do we agree? Are there others?

Old list but I'd add:

The Cardigans - Long Gone Before Daylight and
Depeche Mode - Black Celebration

Everything that I own listed today at Amazon for $100+:

Aerosmith-Toys in the Attic
Alison Krauss & Union Station-New Favorite
Live
Bach: Four Great Toccatas & Fugues-E. Power Biggs
Barbra Streisand-Movie Album
Bernstein: West Side Story-Bernstein
Billy Joel-Stranger
Blue Oyster Cult-Agents of Fortune
Bob Dylan-Collector's Box
Bryan Ferry-Boys & Girls
Frantic
Carole King-Tapestry
Dave Brubeck Quartet-Concord on a Summer Night
Earth, Wind & Fire-Gratitude
Alive in '75
Frankie Goes to Hollywood-Rage Hard
Genesis-'70-'75 Box
'75-'82 Box
'83-'98 Box
Henry Mancini-Ultimate Mancini
Herbie Hancock-Head Hunters
Indigo Girls-Become You
James Taylor-Dad Loves His Work
Flag
Hourglass
JT
Jeff Beck-Blow by Blow
Johnny Cash-At Folsom Prison
Silver
Jorma Kaukonen-Blue Country Heart
Keb Mo'-Just Like You
Kraftwerk-Minimum-Maximum
Mark O'Connor-American Seasons
Marvin Gaye-Midnight Love
Mike Oldfield-Tubular Bells
Miles Davis-Kind of Blue
Phil Lesh-There & Back Again
Stan Getz-Pure Getz
Sting-Brand New Day
Toto IV

Linda's List

What is it with that one ?

I tried umpteen times to like it, but not for me.

I must have found over 10 copies over the years. A great trader, but not a listener.

I'm with you on on this.

I liked The Cardigans 2nd and 3rd albums a lot, but this one doesn't do much for me.

Headhunters - MC - SACD is available from Amazon Japan for around 2500yen.... Thus it is not rare

All three Genesis SACD box sets are also available.... but pricey at around 12500yen

All the best from Japan

Marc.

BTW - check this page for new forthcoming SACDs from Universal Japan ( Queen / Stones / Steely Dan ++ )

http://www.universal-music.co.jp/u-pop/special/sacd/index.html

Unfortunately, Steely Dan's Royal Scam was cancelled.
Looking forward to the Queen, especially the first 3 and the Stones Emotional Rescue.

-B

Another rare disc that seems hard to find is Ben Becker & the Zero Tolerance Band - Wir Heben AB. total time: 76:20. It is sung in German but is active in the surrounds and very enjoyable musically. Another two would be the Aerosmith - Rocks and Can - Uncanned, Both in very limited numbers and not mainstream.

Back