What AV receiver

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since when do we get scallops from China? Are you sure it wasn't just the packaging made in china?

And lets call it what it is. While these facts may not be true for all chinese companies, it applies to most: China underpays thier labor. China has poor conditions in the workplace and do not follow proper overtime procedures. China also picks the cheapest materials to manufacture with, sometimes unsafe or hazardous materiels. Its no secret that most chinese companies mistreat thier workers, use cheap, quick degrading and sometimes dangerous materials, and use machines and molds that are less precise in order to cut manufacturing costs to undercut manufacturing everywhere else in the world. It's as simple as that. That is why someone would want to boycot Chinese products.

For most people, aversion to Chinese products have nothing to do with racism, nationalism or anti-communism. It has to do with international human rights and a safe quality product.

Last edited:
I thoght you were questioning him not buying food from china-fish.
:) no but I thought it was funny to complain about a remote coming from China, as a lot of electronics are made in China these days. And of course loads of other stuff is manufactured there as well. Seems like a tough hobby to avoid anything made in China.

Oppo players are made in China as well, don' t mind having one of these.

Since when do we get scallops from China? Are you sure it wasn't just the packaging made in china?

And lets call it what it is. While these facts may not be true for all chinese companies, it applies to most: China underpays thier labor. China has poor conditions in the workplace and do not follow proper overtime procedures. China also picks the cheapest materials to manufacture with, sometimes unsafe or hazardous materiels. Its no secret that most chinese companies mistreat thier workers, use cheap, quick degrading and sometimes dangerous materials, and use machines and molds that are less precise in order to cut manufacturing costs to undercut manufacturing everywhere else in the world. It's as simple as that. That is why someone would want to boycot Chinese products.

For most people, aversion to Chinese products have nothing to do with racism, nationalism or anti-communism. It has to do with international human rights and a safe quality product.
That makes sense, although I do not think when the industrial revolution started in Europe and the USA, it was paradise on earth from the start.

Besides, people in China are not stupid, and start demandin better conditions along the way.

I have found through my experiance the poor quality and toxic ingrediants of Dog food and treats. Having to dispose of what I was feeding my dog with chicken jerky wagon wheel treats. Lead and toxic materials in childrens toys, Many fake brands come from China. Toxic chemicals in make up the list is huge. Walmart and Target is full of made in China products. The export industry in China have poor quality control and regulations. As a whole the Chinese are a fine and proud people how ever the leaders there keep the comman man down and the economic growth they are enjoying now is a result of sell any thing even if its not correct or dangerous. Me personaly I look for the label . I dont now about the amount of China goods in your country but here we are flooded with them. Its like this I buy a made in Japan Denon and the remote is made in China. One good note most of the chinese restaurants owners here drive cadilacs productsQUOTE=Robert van Diggele;174706]Out of curiosity, why do you boycott Made in China products?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your answer. To avoid any misunderstanding, I was not attacking you, just curious as you brought it up in a few posts. And I surely do not want to turn this into a political thread, as we are on this forum for our shared hobby.

Yes, in the Netherlands we have a lot of China made products, alot of electronics and phone/tablet cases and toys. I donot know how this compares to the USA. I agree on the labour conditions, that is sth that should be made better. Well, the Chinese are working on that themsleves,from news reports I understand that the workers shut down factories evry day to demand better conditions, which is a good thing.

It was a good question Robert I answered honestly. Sarcasim is a part of my humor. So your country also have your share. Hardly anything these days are made from 100% parts from the countrys origin. In fact most electicle parts that the restores use in fixing our vintage hi fi gear are made in China or Russia. All the best to you

:) no but I thought it was funny to complain about a remote coming from China, as a lot of electronics are made in China these days. And of course loads of other stuff is manufactured there as well. Seems like a tough hobby to avoid anything made in China.

Chinese people are shorter, and that causes them to be closer to the work, and see it better.

Chinese people are shorter, and that causes them to be closer to the work, and see it better.

I think you are trying to quote that advertisement from the movie "Crazy People" which was referring to the Japanese

"Sony: because caucasians are just too damn tall"

To take this thread on RECEIVERS even further off subject allow me to interject this observation.

With apologies to our Japanese members. My father was a WW-2 Pacific Theater of Operations veteran and to his last days refused to purchase anything made in Japan. He never forgot or forgave. As a matter of fact he would state with pride that: "You won't find any Jap $#!+ my house!" If one of us kids had ever pulled into his driveway in a TOYOTA, DATSUN or other Japanese vehicle we probably would have been written out of the will. Well in the mid 1980's the old RCA tube TV smoke checked itself and died so my father went out and bought a new RCA TV, RCA VCR, and RCA stereo system. The first time I was at the house after this purchase he pointed to his new acquisitions with pride stating you can still by American electronics. I do not know if he was in denial but I was not about to point out everything he had purchased was from Japan.

We all have out prejudices as valid or pointless as they may be.

Justin

Last edited:
To take this thread on RECEIVERS even further off subject allow me to interject this observation.

With apologies to our Japanese members. My father was a WW-2 Pacific Theater of Operations veteran and to his last days refused to purchase anything made in Japan. He never forgot or forgave. As a matter of fact he would state with pride that: "You won't find any Jap $#!+ my house!" If one of us kids had ever pulled into his driveway in a TOYOTA, DATSUN or other Japanese vehicle we probably would have been written out of the will. Well in the mid 1980's the old RCA tube TV smoke checked itself and died so my father went out and bought a new RCA TV, RCA VCR, and RCA stereo system. The first time I was at the house after this purchase he pointed to his new acquisitions with pride stating you can still by American electronics. I do not know if he was in denial but I was not about to point out everything he had purchased was from Japan.

We all have out prejudices as valid or pointless as they may be.

Justin

I bet he would have shit blue if he ever knew of the complicity of Henry Ford and the nazi's, not to mention standard oil and IBM. All american my ass!

Back to the thread: You guys got me all sweaty talking about Denon, so I went and bought one. A little older, no HDMI or audessy, but 105 x 7. It's going to be perfect with my Oppo 93 ne. My old Integra went to another home, and I replaced it with a smaller Integra, nice but I missed the power. model 3801. $80.00.
real clean unit. That is what impressed me the most, the condition it's in. Somebody cared for this guy to the max! wanna buy an Integra ? 85 watts x 6

Here is a picture for all you Denon people ;)

sony str-de945.jpg

Back