What's spinning on the turntable?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spirit, one of my very fave bands. Fresh Garbage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dAFhD6_-Bw
Spirit_-_Spirit.jpg
Led Zep acknowledges them as an influence. Check out the intro of Taurus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFHLO_2_THg 1968 from the same album. It's the intro from Stairway to Heaven.

I had the pleasure of meeting Randy California and Ed Cassidy about 20 years ago.

I expected that would be the first reaction but sorry, wrong band. I do like Garbage however, but think I only have their self titled album. This fresh garbage is "fresh" only in the spirit of the title.

Spirit, one of my very fave bands. Led Zep acknowledges them as an influence. Check out the intro of Taurus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFHLO_2_THg 1968 from the same album. It's the intro from Stairway to Heaven. I had the pleasure of meeting Randy California and Ed Cassidy about 20 years ago.

Of course you are correct! I recently got their first album and "... DR. Sardonicus" on original vinyl and both are a lot of fun, even if they are not as minty as I was led to believe.

Listening and dubbing Styx: Man Of Miracles...what a album..brings back good times...just 18 playing music and being free!! ahhh ...good times. :=)

Listening and dubbing Styx: Man Of Miracles...what a album..brings back good times...just 18 playing music and being free!! ahhh ...good times. :=)
"Man of Miracles" is my favorite Styx album -- the first band I was ever into and I eventually worked my way back to the early stuff on Wooden Nickel. If you look for the reissue (called "Miracles") you'll find that one of the tracks is replaced with a Dennis Deyoung track called "Unfinished Song" which isn't too shabby either.

I haven't listened to Styx in years, but if I get the urge to pull one of the shelf, that'll be the first one. Probably Serpent is Rising or Equinox after that. I wonder how they'd do on the Surround Master... hmm...

Mark Z

Yeah, Unfinished Song is another good one..You mentioned Serpent Is Rising!! That's a great LP! but only Styx fans like that one...dunno why.. Equinox I have as a half speed master...Nautilus. Excellent recording..I have the original LP as well. I just collect MFSL and 1/2 speeds. I bet it would sound awesome in 5.1

Those were the days!!! get an LP for under a buck and good stuff too. Now, we dig through Yard Sales, dirt malls...ect.. then haggle for a buck or two. LOL

Hadn't played this one since the late 80's...and man did I play this...spindle marks galore!!!
Peter Gabriel- "Plays dead..I mean.. Live" (like playing would be otherwise from LIVE...c'mon Pete...)

Still has shrinkwrap with the hype stating "Digitally mixed and mastered"...love vinyl, it adds all of these harmonics to what's there...don't sound digital to me!!!

R-636420-1259604712.jpeg

I was pouring through stacks of records last week at a thrift store and came up with a very clean MJ "Thriller" album. I picked up this album several years ago in a mint cover still covered in shrink, but the album was wasted and I havent seen another one since. Now the set is a reunited NM. By the way, the album had a black 33 1/3 vinyl record insert inside that is titled "Im a boinger" by billy and the boingers. The other side says "u stink but i love you". Jus wondering if this actually came with the Thriller record.

I was pouring through stacks of records last week at a thrift store and came up with a very clean MJ "Thriller" album. I picked up this album several years ago in a mint cover still covered in shrink, but the album was wasted and I havent seen another one since. Now the set is a reunited NM. By the way, the album had a black 33 1/3 vinyl record insert inside that is titled "Im a boinger" by billy and the boingers. The other side says "u stink but i love you". Jus wondering if this actually came with the Thriller record.

Wow, BONUS!!!
This was somebody who liked "Bloom County"...this square "flexidisc" was included in a BC book (can't remember now)..well ,enjoy it cause it's rare and very funny!!!!

Back