What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have this Phil Collins AF Gold CD too. Highly recommended . (I made my own quad upmix using Foobar which is the version that gets played here).

image.jpg

image.jpg

Missing Persons - Late Nights Early Days (CD)

Taylor Swift-1989...
(although I'm more of a Katy Perry man ;) )

My days of buying CDs are gone..if there is an LP pressing , I'll buy that ---got tired of the loudness wars...since you can't have a "clipped" waveform on an LP (but you can on a CD), I prefer to get the vinyl....

Taylor Swift-1989...
(although I'm more of a Katy Perry man ;) )

My days of buying CDs are gone..if there is an LP pressing , I'll buy that ---got tired of the loudness wars...since you can't have a "clipped" waveform on an LP (but you can on a CD), I prefer to get the vinyl....
It would seem to me that if the vinyl is made from a clipped digital source you could. What would you get instead?

It would seem to me that if the vinyl is made from a clipped digital source you could. What would you get instead?

Hey, maybe I'm wrong , please correct me if I am..just thought that , since the process for vinyl pressing involves limiting (yes, it's still loudness wars), BUT it's an analog medium, it would "round out " the cut off peaks...
You CAN have a square(clipped) wave on an LP , but it wouldn't be as pronounced as on a CD

Riverside - Love, Fear and the Time Machine 2cd edition. Not so heavy as their earlier work. Still a nice album, with a second disc of 5 additional instrumental tracks.

I spent a few days trying to decide whether to get the single or 2 disc edition. I have the 2 disc edition of their last album, and I like it a lot. After hearing some samples of the instrumental tracks, I finally decided to get the single disc. Not that the instrumental tracks sounded bad, but they didn't seem to be worth an extra six bucks. After splurging on the pre-order of the David Gilmour set, I decided to cheap out on this one.

I spent a few days trying to decide whether to get the single or 2 disc edition. I have the 2 disc edition of their last album, and I like it a lot. After hearing some samples of the instrumental tracks, I finally decided to get the single disc. Not that the instrumental tracks sounded bad, but they didn't seem to be worth an extra six bucks. After splurging on the pre-order of the David Gilmour set, I decided to cheap out on this one.
i like the instrumental tracks throughout their career. Also the Lunatic Soul albums with a lot of instrumental tracks are great, and getting better with each album. IMO Riverside should bot go too far in the LS direction, and keep their heavy side.

The new Pugwash cd is good[if you like the other ones he did you'll like this one too].

Neil Young+Promise of the Real-The Monsanto Years( bought the cd/ dvd set used for $6.00)

Back