What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have no Patto. I'm not sure I want to subsidize anyone who is prejudiced against Sergio Mendes. :howl

sergio-mendes_article_story_main.jpg

I don't dislike Sergio!!!

Just that I prefer Patto......btw, do YOU have any of their LPs????

Have no Patto. I'm not sure I want to subsidize anyone who is prejudiced against Sergio Mendes. :howl

View attachment 6135

awwww, that's harsh , Ty....
where's your sense of humor???

Their story is a sad one though...

Anyway, unfortunately, no one (from the group itself) would get any money from any of their stuff...nothing is in print and the only "available" stuff is on a "bootleg" "label" called Arkarna...from Italy...
The only one who is "alive" is the drummer, John Halsey (who owns a pub in Cambridge, England).

Both him and Ollie Halsall, one of the most underrated guitarists ever, were part of "The Rutles".

Ollie and Mike Patto are both gone (1992 from an OD and 1979 from cancer, respectively)

Mike was also a singer in Spooky Tooth's "The Mirror" (1975).

The bassist, Clive Griffiths, was involved in a car crash with "Admiral" Halsey (the drummer), returning from a gig, and whacked his head so hard that he doesn't remember ANYTHING or anybody...an accidental "clean slate".

They were all excellent musicians who OTHER musicians went to see.

Ollie recorded an LP with Fripp in 1972 called "The Blue Traffs", which has never surfaced (I say because RF got such an ass whupping from Ollie, he "lost" the tapes).

I worked with Ollie in Madrid in the now defunct Kirios Studios...I didn't know who he was and I always considered myself a "music buff" (guess I wan't "buffed" enough)...
You can read my story here, at the bottom of the page ("¡Coño, es Ollie Halsall, joder!").

I think you would definitely enjoy them , especially since Ollie's solos (with Patto, especially on the "Hold Your Fire" LP) are phrased like a saxophonists and not a guitarist. He also played vibraphone and a MEAN piano!! (plus drums, sax, etc)

Focus 3 cd
Todd Rundgren Another Utopia Live cd

Xenekis and Penderecki on Nonesuch lp conducted by lukas foss

Bought Nik Kershaw's new album today : Ei8ht. Never bought any of his albums, not even his debut in 1984. ( that his mostly known for ) This is a really great catchy album. ( well 26 years later, is better than never ! )

The dB's - Falling Off The Sky
The Wood Bros. - Live Vol1
The Civil Wars - Live At Amoeba
Yep Roc 15 yr sampler It comes with a free download of unreleased stuff.

These two from Japan. Beach Boys in stereo, including Good Vibrations.

Attachments

• beachboys_2newones.jpg
    beachboys_2newones.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 88
Be Bop Deluxe - Futurist Manifesto: Harvest Years 1974 - 1978

for my Bill Nelson collection, the last disc with the demos and stuff especially

Carina Round - Things You Should Know

Azure Ray - As Above So Below

Dead Can Dance - Anastasis

Wow, I have two records QuadLinda doesn't have and she wants my opinion? I am not worthy! I am not worthy!
I bow to you and Disclord in the knowledge department.
However......
Diana was produced by the Chic team so sounds good as you would expect. I wish Love Hangover had been on this record but it wasn't. But it has Upside Down. Broken Barricades opens with great bass on Simple Sister, I remember that one from the radio. Robin Trowers last appearance with Procol Harum. Almost a booming quality on barricades, probably need a subwoofer to help out my ADS L880s.
Linda, You Need these records!

I also recently got another copy of Who Came First on the Track lp. Great collection of songs,lighter touch than the Who versions. Very good bass and sound on the record.

Complete Columbia Albums w/bonus disc of live tracks left off Between Nothingness and Eternity - Mahavishnu Orchestra 5 CD
complete_columbia_-ltd-_import-mahavishnu_orchestra-20906904-frnt.jpg
mahavishnu__03.jpg

Pyramid of the Moon - Azteca Japan Blu-Spec CD Been waiting 30 years for this. If you like the SQ/Q8, you'll love this. Great fidelity, very clean sound. Wow!!
azteca~~~~~_pyramidof_101b.jpg

Last edited:
Back