What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just found! An Introduction to The World Of Quadraphonic Sound (SQ Record). Mixed in with other records...Percy Faith-Black Magic Woman(SQ) found and it's still sealed! 1strecord says 1972, the 2nd 1973. So early stuff here. :)

Several, but the pick of the bunch is the cracking new album from The Mission "The Brightest Light".
Absolutely outstanding.

Also added the following titles:
Andy Taylor - Thunder (the Duran Duran guitarist with Steve Jones of the Sex Pistols)
Mick Ronson - Hard Work (budget priced compilation, but all pure gold)
Love and Rockets - 7th Dream of Teenage Heaven (US version - for research purposes before we do a 5.1 mix next month)

Several, but the pick of the bunch is the cracking new album from The Mission "The Brightest Light".
Absolutely outstanding.

Also added the following titles:
Andy Taylor - Thunder (the Duran Duran guitarist with Steve Jones of the Sex Pistols)
Mick Ronson - Hard Work (budget priced compilation, but all pure gold)
Love and Rockets - 7th Dream of Teenage Heaven (US version - for research purposes before we do a 5.1 mix next month)

Ooh! :p Is this a scoop? :yikes Love and Rockets are coming in 5.1? :p Or was I asleep when it was announced? :eek:

Axe - Randy Bachman LP
1225796574_1970.jpg

SRO - Herb Alpert & Tijuana Brass mono LP
herb-alpert-sro-20120303155938.jpg

Blame - Everything But the Girl CD EP
Everything+But+The+Girl+-+Blame+-+Ltd+Edn+-+5%u002522+CD+SINGLE-148440.jpg

Chet Atkins- Most Popular guitar ( RCA Living Stereo) 1960/1961
Command Test Stereo - Side 1 test recording, Side 2 is music 1960

Chet Atkins- Most Popular guitar ( RCA Living Stereo) 1960/1961
Command Test Stereo - Side 1 test recording, Side 2 is music 1960

Got that Command one..white cover with "Hernando's Hideaway" as first track on side 2...you wouldn't believe all the harmonics on the test tones on side one!!
Also, I know the narrator's voice EDIT-thought it was Frank Graham , from a Looney Tune "Horton Hatches the egg" but it couldn't be him, he died in 1950!!!! (the only WB toon based on a Dr. Seuss story, directed by my favorite but reviled by other directors, ROBERT CLAMPETT!!!!)

Mimi Goese & Ben Neill - Songs for Persephone

somehow I missed this when it came out a couple years ago...excellent stuff....Mimi's stuff is few and far between so after I while I just think she's quit music.

31QxfzH2L0L.jpg

sure is Kap'n...That's audiophile stuff. The separation on that LP is stunning!

Yup, those people in Command were WAY AHEAD of their time...I ,mean, we're talking about an LP from 1960 and stereo didn't take off until...the late sixties!
(one thing that made me a bit ashamed was that my system could not reproduce the 30 Hz tone...they only go down to 36 Hz!!! funny cause when I play movies I could swear I don't need a subwoofer!)

I have a box set-well, the box is almost disintegrated by now...- of all the Beethoven Symphonies from Command recorded in 35 mm Magnetic film... they always sounded great! (which I "inherited" from my stepfather...well, at least I "inherited" some LPs, one of them the "Konstelanetz plays Villalobos" SQ , and his taste for Quad from him)

R-3426520-1329941321.jpeg
R-3426520-1329941328.jpeg

I hear you Linda!!!
Since my baby got me a BD player, I got a couple of movies that I thought were a MUST HAVE on BD ...2001, The Fifth Element...and (you might think I'm weird,but we all have our secrets...)
"Funny Face"..there's something about that movie that I love..maybe Audrey dancing in a 50s beatnik style, or the fact that it's shot in VistaVision; REAL MOVIE "High Fidelity", or maybe all of them...I also have a soft spot for Fred Astaire movies , if only from the "all the work that went into those one long uninterrupted shot" dance routines standpoint...
It's funny how you can hear such a HUGE difference from the "prerecorded" songs to the "location" sound...back then it seemed that 35 was a top contender for Hi.Fi..anyway...is there anywhere that the tech specs for 35 mm sound can be found?

35 MM from Preservation Sound http://www.preservationsound.com/?p=3939

Everest 35 MM ad from 1959 Billboard: http://books.google.com/books?id=Rg...=onepage&q=35mm magnetic film everest&f=false

I hear you Linda!!!
Since my baby got me a BD player, I got a couple of movies that I thought were a MUST HAVE on BD ...2001, The Fifth Element...and (you might think I'm weird,but we all have our secrets...)
"Funny Face"..there's something about that movie that I love..maybe Audrey dancing in a 50s beatnik style, or the fact that it's shot in VistaVision; REAL MOVIE "High Fidelity", or maybe all of them...I also have a soft spot for Fred Astaire movies , if only from the "all the work that went into those one long uninterrupted shot" dance routines standpoint...
It's funny how you can hear such a HUGE difference from the "prerecorded" songs to the "location" sound...back then it seemed that 35 was a top contender for Hi.Fi..anyway...is there anywhere that the tech specs for 35 mm sound can be found?

Back