What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do reel to reel tapes apply here as well. If so then
Canned Heat. Boggie With.
Quicksilver Messenger Service. Just for Love.
Both of these were 7.5 IPS. The Canned heat had some hiss but sounded good. The QMS tape was sealed and sounded great. I did not really want to open it but gave in on Saturday night after a couple of beers. Fresh Air never sounded so good. Tape was very well preserved due to it being sealed. Strange that I never purchased this on disc. I have all the others.
Phil.

Whoa. I did not know Fresh Air was ever in quad. Good to know. Uh, Philip? Could you bring that over to the midwest so I could hear it? I have a Teac cleaned up and ready to play!

Whoa. I did not know Fresh Air was ever in quad. Good to know. Uh, Philip? Could you bring that over to the midwest so I could hear it? I have a Teac cleaned up and ready to play!

Sorry to disappoint but these are both stereo only. I thought that this thread was stereo lp's and cd's. I simply could not find another thread for stereo reels.
Phil.

Philip Spinner said:
Sorry to disappoint but these are both stereo only. I thought that this thread was stereo lp's and cd's. I simply could not find another thread for stereo reels.
Phil.

Attachments

• downloadfile-48-1.jpg
    downloadfile-48-1.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 120
Non quad LPs from the record show over the weekend:

Black Sabbath - Never Say Die

David Bowie & Trevor Jones - From the Original Soundtrack Of The Jim Henson Film Labyrinth

Duran Duran - Carnival EP (Canadian press)

Meco - Swingtime's Greatest Hits

The Best of Kansas

Jeff Beck - Blow By Blow (Japanese press)

Johnny Winter And - Live

td band.jpg

Saw Stevie Winwood with the Allman Brother last night in Hartford. Stevie rocked the joint! The Allman Brothers were awesome. Derek Trucks did Duane proud!

Thea Gilmore "Regardless" folky singer/songwriter, great tunes & voice, & The Staves "Dead & Born & Grown (2CD ed. with Live tracks)" folky with great harmonies. Saw them both at the "Beautiful Days Festival", both fantastic live, Primal Scream were pretty good too!

Julianna Barwick - Nepenthe

images

Laura Veirs - Warp and Weft

homepage_large.ca25341a.jpg

Grant Hart - The Argument

2013granthart_TheArgument190713.jpg

I just ordered the 10 LP 45RPM box set of Miles Davis' Great Prestige Recordings. I couldn't resist the 10% discount for the holiday weekend.

AAPJ_035-45__52434__01152009123641-873.jpg

7 Walkers w/Bill Kreutzmann CD lyrics by Robert Hunter Guest Star: Willie Nelson
51sHrMF5pzL.jpg

Lola vs. Powerman and the Moneyground - Kinks UK expanded CD
Has both Coca-Cola and cherry cola versions of Lola.
the_kinks-lola_versus_powerman_and_the_moneygoround._part.jpg
Perhaps you should patronize establishments that serve Pepsi.

I'm just listening to Dead Lord - Goodbye Repentance. Soundwise it's okay, nothing spectacular. But if you're - like me - just a little bit into Thin Lizzy, do yourself a favor and give it a listen! It's really really great, especially if listened to LOUD!

Been buying a few lately.
Andy Taylor's "Thunder" - I found an original 80's CD of this that does not suffer from Digital Remastering. The album features Steve Jones (Sex Pistols) on guitars, and he does a cracking job.
Scan10577.JPGScan10576.JPG
It's a seriously under rated title and not easy to find these days at sensible prices.

Also added, thanks to Bob Squires assistance with sellers refusing to sell to me in the UK are early IRS pressings of the Lords of the New Church albums
"Is Nothing Sacred" and "The Method To Our Madness" - differences mainly no digital remastering, on "Is Nothing Sacred" we have the proper version of the opening track (all re-issues have the later mix instead of the original as on the vinyl) & on "The Method To Our Madness" we get the track "My Kingdom Come" transferred properly without the horrendous tape slipping audible on all re-issued versions. There is also an additional track in the middle of what should be side 1 instead of tacked on the end for some odd reason.

Next up is the 20th anniversary edition of Layla (because it's a completely different mix to the original version). I have the 1 CD version, but still waiting on the 3 disc version which has still not shipped despite the Amazon seller taking the money 2 weeks ago now. Not happy about that, especially as emails bounce back "unknown email address". Hmmm.

Then there is Mike Garson's "The Bowie Variations" which is supposed to get here today, and looks to be very promising - Uncle Fester bangs out a mean tune on the old Joanna!
618hVU2JgZL._SX450_.jpg

Also bought a load of back catalogue stuff from Mott The Hoople (all of them - I had to really) and best of all was the Love & Rockets 5-album box set:
LandR.jpg
Featuring remastered versions of the first 4 albums (and for once done really well - very sensible, no excessive limiting etc) and the 5th one being mainly comprised of previously unreleased stuff this is one set that everyone who likes the late 80's early 90's should own - these are seriously under rated albums.

More soon, I am sure.

Beatles Capitol V2. Sure hope this shows up. Got it cheap. Brand new $133.

Attachments

• Beatles_order_lg.jpg
    Beatles_order_lg.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 148
Weekend LPs

DBX copy of The Who Who Are You

Rick Derringer Sweet Evil

Mr. Ed The Talking Horse Straight From The Horse's Mouth

Katatonia "Dethroned and Uncrowned" :)

...for info: the format is 4.1 MLP 48k and there's a DTS stream on there too. Haven't listened yet but will do tonight I expect.

Back