What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kap'n, with your excellent musical tastes, take a few more listens to Children & All that Jazz https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfrzO5n_yoE and Dida (duet w/Joni Mitchell). Although Joan is a folkie, this is her most commercial album with lots of great jazz players. Joe Sample, who we lost last week, is one. Here's the whole list:
Larry Carlton – Electric guitar, Acoustic guitar, Arranger, Producer
Dean Parks – Electric guitar, Acoustic guitar
Wilton Felder – Bass
Reinie Press – Bass
Max Bennett – Bass
Jim Gordon – Drums
John Guerin – Drums
Larry Knechtel – Piano
Joe Sample – Electric piano, Hammond organ
Hampton Hawes – Piano
David Paich – Piano, Electric harpsichord
Red Rhodes – Pedal steel guitar
Malcolm Cecil – Synthesisers
Tom Scott – Flute, Saxophone, Arranger
Jim Horn – Saxophone
Joni Mitchell – vocal improvisation
Rick Lo Tempio – Electric guitar
Ollie Mitchell – Trumpet
Buck Monari – Trumpet

Ahhh... Linda.. you know me only too well...
I am not a big fan of that kind of music, but I appreciate GOOD MUSIC...
I think I got a great bonus when I got lucky getting that the Begin Again OST...

Listening to this ...digging it!!!!

Alice Cooper - "Flush The Fashion"

220px-Acflush.jpg

A short recording that clocks in just short of 29 minutes.

The Levin Brothers LP, on gold vinyl, front cover signed by both Tony and Pete, hand numbered limited edition of 1000. Great music as well, of course!

I think it's been YEARS since I've seen a movie and wanted the soundtrack (I think it was "Martha meet Frank , Daniel and Laurence" in 1998!...btw I never could find a copy of it)..
This one was out of left field---I really enjoyed the songs here...and Keira is not a bad singer!
View attachment 15979

At last I got the CORRECT CD....
Funny how the Mark Ruffalo character thinks the way I would have when he saw Keira at that club....

CD's

Joe Bonamassa - Different Shades Of Blue
Robert Plant - lullaby and...The Ceaseless Roar
Johnny Winter - Step Back
Gary Clark Jr. Live

Me and my good lady went to the two day "Megadaze" launch party for Pendragon's new album "Men Who Climb Mountains" over this weekend past and I've been playing the album non-stop ever since. It's an absolute blinder imho and may prove to be their best to date.

Dylan's Bootleg Vol. 10, "Another Self Portrait", a little late but I couldn't resist the full gamut, including Isle of Wight appearance from his crooning period! New Morning is one of my favorite LPs from Bob. John S.

How would you rate this compared with his Blackfield songs?

The writing for his solo albums has evolved much the same as Blackfield has. In essence, Blackfield always was Aviv and his band + SW, so the sound is quite similar only the vocals are all Aviv and in Hebrew. Several songs from the Blackfield catalogue were reworked English versions of songs from Aviv's Hebrew releases - Scars, Glow, Cloudy Now, Zigota, End of the World, Epidemic and 1000 People...and in the case of 1000 People it *is* the same version, they just replaced Aviv's Hebrew vocals with Steven's English vocals.

Back